Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we take.....

Can we take.....

We are off to florida at the end of this month. We went 2 years ago and are staying in the same villa. Last time we ended up buying a huge bag of sugar, a large bottle of laundry detergent etc. Obviously with the pound being so weak against the dollar we were thinking of taking some things with us. The items we would be taking are teabags, sugar, cereal and washing tablets, would these be allowed?

Thanks in advance[msnsmile]

Florida Savvy
    You would bring this to Florida to save $ 10 and run the risk ob trouble at customs ? Mmm I would reconsider.

You can take teabags and washing tablets, not sugar and don't think cereal, someone will confirm the last!
    Fiona

There are DOLLAR shops in FLorida and you can buy a lot of things for 1 dollar eg : sweets , bottles of water , biscuits , cakes and much more the rest you can get from Walmart , Publics and Target so it is not worth the trouble with imagration .as said before .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    We always take cereal as we find the American cereal far to sugary.
    Christine

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by louisehj
    We are off to florida at the end of this month. We went 2 years ago and are staying in the same villa. Last time we ended up buying a huge bag of sugar, a large bottle of laundry detergent etc. Obviously with the pound being so weak against the dollar we were thinking of taking some things with us. The items we would be taking are teabags, sugar, cereal and washing tablets, would these be allowed?

Thanks in advance[msnsmile]
    [/quote]

We have taken all these things except sugar and just declare the food items on the customs form. Customs will probably take a look in your bags so try and place the food/cereal near the top. Obviously you can't take fresh foods or meat etc in but dry cereal (muesli, weetabix) has never been a problem for us. I hope that helps.

Dawn

You can buy a drum of sugar, much smaller than a bag and ideal for 2 weeks hol. We got one from Publix and it cost peanuts!

Liz

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    I would reconsider the washing tablets. although as you know the villa you are staying in. Its just that many of the homes have a twintub type washing machine, not the type we have in the UK and the water temp does not reach as high as it does in the UK, tablets may not dissove to well. The detergent you buy in the US is more often powder or liquid.
    CERI

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CERICROWLEY
    I would reconsider the washing tablets. although as you know the villa you are staying in. Its just that many of the homes have a twintub type washing machine, not the type we have in the UK and the water temp does not reach as high as it does in the UK, tablets may not dissove to well. The detergent you buy in the US is more often powder or liquid.
    [/quote]

Mr M has dermatitis and can rect to different soap powders, so i usually take laundry tablets with me. I do buy the tumble dryer sheets whilst Im there.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I have taken my own tablets in the past and just crumble them into the tub, never had a problem.
    Lyn