Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flights

Florida Chatterbox
    Just booked with Virgin [xx(] but they were the cheapest I could find. Nov24th to Dec8th, £413 each

Rang them about bulkhead seating for special needs and of course all bulkhead seats have fixed armrests which means I'll be coming back with a couple of nice 20cm bruises on both hips again [msnsad]

Strange thing was they were saying I could buy the extra legroom seats which had moveable armrests, everyone I know who's had them (and according to everything I can find online) they don't as they are bulkhead/exit row.

One good thing, managed to get a reasonable ecxhange rate for some $$s, 1.5677 at my local cheque centre shop, PO was 1.56 online but 1.49 at the postie, Travelex etc. 1.563
    Jeff

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Bulkhead seats definately do not have removable arm rests as this is where the trays are kept, also due to this fact they tend to be a little big more snug if you are on the larger side.
    Christine

Florida Chatterbox
    At 6' 6" I am def. on the larger side

Problem is I fly with my son who is Autistic and hates anyone sat in front of him. And being 6' 3" and insisting on wearing his 3/4 length black leather coat he's also a bit on the large side

When we last used Virgin in 2008 we had the same problem, thought it was just me but another few people were also having trouble with the lack of seat width, one couple had been on the same aircraft (Liberty Belle?) a few weeks before in the same seats and they found them smaller that time.

I did consider upgrading to PE but it would double the price and from what I've heard the only advantage is the seat legroom/width and an extra case. It's the same appaling meal as economy which was also fun in 2008, 3 flight crew went down on the way over, one had to be took off on a stretcher at MCO.

We've been mainly using First Choice Premiere since then and have managed to get some really good prices, used Martinair via Amsterdam last October in Comfort Class, not bad but don't book the window seats as they don't have the extra legroom, only the centre seats.
    Jeff

Florida Newbie
    cheaptickets.com is the best!
    blair meester