Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Magic Kingdom Castle

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar

Magic Kingdom Castle

Has anyone been for a meal in the castle, breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Just curious as we have considered making a reservation for our next visit, but wonder whether it is worth the price?

Florida Junior
    Hi princess,

My family and I had a meal in the castle last summer and I still have mixed feelings about it! on one hand its an absolute must, however, simply judging it on the food quailty it's probably not worth it. its more of an experience than just a meal. on the plus side the staff were fantastic the scenary was amazing and the entertainment was great especially for young children. on the negative side it is quite expensive about $200 for a family of 4 (if my failing memory serves me correctly [msnsmile2])you do get a lovely photo with the princess though! the choice of food is limited. 3 starters, 3 mains, 3 deserts. they do not serve any alcohol either. please d'ont get me wrong we are not raging alcoholics. however, a nice glass of wine or an ice cold bud would have been lovely. [beer] you can research the menu and cost at [website edited] (i think its that[msnsmile2])on the whole I would do it again in a flash. after all how many times can you say you have had dinner in the Magic Castle? (book early [beer])

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Big Al 154
    Hi princess,

they do not serve any alcohol either. please d'ont get me wrong we are not raging alcoholics. however, a nice glass of wine or an ice cold bud would have been lovely. [beer]
    [/quote]

I think the whole of Magic Kingdom is dry, isn't it? No beer or wine at any establishment?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Big Al 154
    Hi princess,

My family and I had a meal in the castle last summer and I still have mixed feelings about it! on one hand its an absolute must, however, simply judging it on the food quailty it's probably not worth it. its more of an experience than just a meal. on the plus side the staff were fantastic the scenary was amazing and the entertainment was great especially for young children. on the negative side it is quite expensive about $200 for a family of 4 (if my failing memory serves me correctly [msnsmile2])you do get a lovely photo with the princess though! the choice of food is limited. 3 starters, 3 mains, 3 deserts. they do not serve any alcohol either. please d'ont get me wrong we are not raging alcoholics. however, a nice glass of wine or an ice cold bud would have been lovely. [beer] you can research the menu and cost at [website edited] (i think its that[msnsmile2])on the whole I would do it again in a flash. after all how many times can you say you have had dinner in the Magic Castle? (book early [beer])
    [/quote]

We ate in the castle a few years ago and I would have to say I agree with Big Al, the young princes and princesses are treated very well which makes the experience special but it is very expensive. We have also had a character breakfast at the polynesian resort hotel, (on a diferent holiday) which was far better for interaction with Mickey and the gang and the food was good and plentiful.

We did the Castle and I don't think we would do it again but we would do another character meal elsewhere.

Wendy