Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Family Question

Florida Newbie
    We dint have any problems two years ago with my to oldest so I had nevert thought this could be a problem. Guess I better get at note from their dad...

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Albert the Frog
    I'm quite glad that this area is being tightened up and as with the increased security have no problems jumping through this particular hoop.
    [/quote]

I must admit when they bought in the microchip on the passport I hoped it would be used to good effect to prevent children being removed from the country by an estranged parent, but even now dont think it is happening.
    To my mind with the barcode in place that obviosuly brings up a file on computer if ,for example, there was a suspicion a prent might remove them to another country as has happened previously the record would flag up that they were not allowed to travel unless in the company of xxxx. Similarly when they have had trouble with football hooligans, it would help prevent them travelling if the alert was raised when their passport was swiped. Not sure if it does work this way, I'm assuming the terror watch list does or is it not linked to passport number?
    Babblin Boo

My daughter-in-law was gruelled by the IO at MCO. My son has a fear of flying so she was travelling with their 2 children aged 10 and 7 last October. She was asked to provide a letter from their father giving permission to take the kids out of the UK. Of course she didn't have one but was told very off handedly that she would not be allowed in the next time she travelled with the children unless she had a letter of authority from my son. By this time my 2 grandchildren were extremely upset and crying as they thought their visit to Mickey Mouse was not going to happen. I can see the need, but not the attitude!!! It is shameful the IO can get away with this. My DIL was pretty shaken up when we met her off the plane, not a good start to their vacation especially when you are tired.

Sandra

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ
    My daughter-in-law was gruelled by the IO at MCO. My son has a fear of flying so she was travelling with their 2 children aged 10 and 7 last October. She was asked to provide a letter from their father giving permission to take the kids out of the UK. Of course she didn't have one but was told very off handedly that she would not be allowed in the next time she travelled with the children unless she had a letter of authority from my son. By this time my 2 grandchildren were extremely upset and crying as they thought their visit to Mickey Mouse was not going to happen. I can see the need, but not the attitude!!! It is shameful the IO can get away with this. My DIL was pretty shaken up when we met her off the plane, not a good start to their vacation especially when you are tired.

Sandra
    [/quote]

This got me wondering.... In France when married both parents have authority and I've never had trouble before leaving the country alone with our kids. I've never done this going to the US though but intend to soon, as we're going to take a Florida vacation with my Mom and DH probably won't be able to come. Is this letter of authority from the father thing specific to entering the US, should I have DH write a letter saying he knows I'm taking our kids out of the country? But how do they know it's actually a letter from the father and I didn't make it up in the plane?

Get the letter notarised, that should satisfy any pedantic IO.

Dave

Florida Expert
    The same thing happened to us at Manchester in April Daneska18. I did comment that they never bothered to ask for proof that we had permission to take him out of the UK when we left so I was rather annoyed to be given the third degree when we returned. Oh the custom guy did say that we should carry a copy of his fathers passport with us!!!!God know`s what that is suppose to prove.Flew out to MCO Newcastle via Amsterdam in July and returned September nobody at any of the airports asked for paperwork to say he could travel with us. ( mind I always carry it and you can bet the one time I don`t I will be asked for it!! )