Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: complicated requirments

complicated requirments

Hello all, I am new to the site and after some help, if at all possible. We have been to florida before and love it but cannot seem to find what we need. We want a villa with private not overlooked at all pool. 4 bed 3 bath with at least 2 having en-suite. Now the tricky part. We need the villa to be close enough to shops and restaurants to be able to walk slowly no more than 5 minutes due to disabilities. local transport would be very helpfull to get to theme parks as not all drive. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. thank you. Joanna

Gold 5 Star Member
    Unfortunately because of the weather in part, the area is not really designed to be able to walk walk (although they are trying to improve that now with more pavements etc). Most developments
    would probably be large enouugh that with disabilities it would be almost that long to get to the exit of the development.
    If I can make a suggestion, others have made an arrangement with a local taxi firm for a weekly rate for a service so they get the same driver who will then pick them up at the door.
    Alternatively there are firms locally who hire out mobility scooters but not sure how easy they would be to use transport if you were going to the parks.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    Hello Joanna

Some form of transport is essential. A few management companies offer a shopping service but of course these factors will need to be budgeted for.

I am sure a lot of villa owners would be happy to work with you to help find a solution for your specific requirements.

Please check your in-box for a direct message [msnsmile]
    Linda

thank you for the advice, I had thought about taxi's but was worried about the cost. There would be 3/4 generations going and all want to go different places. What a nightmare!!! Is there anywhere that has a clubhouse and facilities on site? Just so the hubbs and I can have a night without drivng? not to far out.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by joannamccullen
    thank you for the advice, I had thought about taxi's but was worried about the cost. There would be 3/4 generations going and all want to go different places. What a nightmare!!! Is there anywhere that has a clubhouse and facilities on site? Just so the hubbs and I can have a night without drivng? not to far out.
    [/quote]

Southern Dunes has the golf clubhouse with a restaurant/bar. It is open for breakfast/lunch every day and for some evening meals - Friday nights only for this month and then Friday and Saturday nights from April.
    There is also a Walmart and other shops within walking distance.
    Christine

If you check out the communities and homes on Orlando villas you will find there are quite a few communities that have the facilities you are looking for regarding club house etc.

thank you for all replies. I think you are right and a community with a clubhouse is the way to go.