Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Chef Mickey, and more

Florida Junior

Chef Mickey, and more

Going to Orlando in June (well only if BA keep the flights going and don't call a strike..!! )
    I want to take the kids to Chef Mickey for breakfast..anyone been and advise on DO's & DON'Ts.
    Was also thinking about Mickey's BBQ, but just seen the price and look's to be a bit pricy...
    Or if anyone can advise on anywhere else to eat with the kids..other than Denny's (family favourite of course...)
    Thanks

Florida Chatterbox
    Hiya,

We have just got back and we did 2 character breakfasts. Chef Mickey's will brilliant, the kids loved it. No, you're not going for the best breakfast you have ever had, you are going to interact with the characters. If you accept this then you will have a blast. If you're looking for a great breakfast then Chef Mickey's is not the place. We did valet parking at Contemporary Resort which meant we could leave the car at the hotel entrance, go have breakfast then walk to Magic Kingdom for the rest of the day. At night it is a leisurely 10 minute walk back to the resort for your car rather than following the crownd onto the monorail then a tram then a walk to your car. $12 plus tip and well worth it.

Donald's Safari Breakfast in Animal Kingdom was pretty much the same, different types of food but all along the same lines. Characters once again were the reason for being there and for this reason it's another thumbs up.

My advice is 'If you've never done it before then do it'

As for anywhere else to eat, we had 5 kids with us (2 of them babies) and everywhere listed below went out of their way to accommodate our rabble:

LONGHORNS STEAKHOUSE
    OLIVE GARDEN
    OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE
    IHOP
    MARKET STREET CAFE
    GOLDEN CORRAL
    MANNYS CHOPHOUSE

Charleys was the only one where we felt we would feel a bit uncomfortable taking the kids so me and my wife went there on our own one night both times we have been in Florida.
    Garry Pullan

Hiya

Totally agree with Garry - I have just booked Chef Mickey's for this summer for our youngest's 4th birthday celebration. It will be our third visit and the kids (and we) love it. There is something on the menu for everyone and although not the greatest cuisine, there is plenty of food, great variety and the atmosphere/character interaction is fab!

We also like Chillies for meals (we have four kids) and the Pizza Hut buffet usually goes down well with the kids on one of the first days as it's "familiar".

Have a great time.
    Alison and Danny

Florida Junior
    Thanks guys/girls..
    This the our 2nd visit to Orlando and can agree Manny's is the best..!! Think i had the 32oz steak..!!
    For the Disney breakfast there will be 5 adults and 6 kids (travelling with neighbours) so hopefully we can get all together..
    Do you pay up front or on the day.?
    Think i will look to do the comp parking as we have a 15 seater van thing...

Florida Chatterbox
    You pay on the day, just turn up with your reservation number and the bill will come at the end of it. Gratuity was included for our party and will be for yours. You will get a shock when the bill arrives, it was the single most expensive meal we had while we were out there, nearly double the 2nd most expensive!! 3 Adults, 3 kids, 2 babies...........$184!! [msnsmile2]
    Garry Pullan

Florida Junior
    I agree that Chef Mickey's is great for character interaction.

However, I have always thought that the food quality at the Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom) and 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian) has been better than Chef Mickey's, while they still have great character interaction. In fact 1900 Park Fare is my favourite as it is WAY less hectic than the other two and is a bit classier because of the location.

Florida Savvy
    We did valet parking at Contemporary Resort which meant we could leave the car at the hotel entrance, go have breakfast then walk to Magic Kingdom for the rest of the day. At night it is a leisurely 10 minute walk back to the resort for your car rather than following the crownd onto the monorail then a tram then a walk to your car. $12 plus tip and well worth it.

I am interested that you were able to park all day at the Contemporary. Last time we did breakfast at Chef Mickeys they gave us a sticker at the gate for 3 hours only. I have a booking for 9 of us on Easter Monday so interested in how the parking works now.

Florida Chatterbox
    You will get a 3 hour sticker if you just park at Contemporary whereas if you valet park there are no stickers.
    Garry Pullan

Florida Junior
    my family and I stayed at the contemporary last summer. as Gary rightly says bring your cheque book because cheap it aint! if you have young children its an absolute must. however, if like me your children are slightly older (11 and 16) its not worth the money. the food is just a breakfast buffet which is inferior to an I drive motel buffet! in fact the contempo cafe which is their quick snack option had a better breakfast option! the character interaction is first class. the crystal palace in the magic kingdom has much better food. with winnie the pooh tigger etc etc. one of the best meals we had was at the brown derby at hollywood studios. very expensive but absolutely worth it. on the cheaper side we found the sizzler did fantastic buffet breakfasts at a great price.

Florida Junior
    forgot to mention down town disney. had a great time at the T rex restaurant. lovely place and lovely food. the kids will love it. the rain forest cafe their is also great. you can check out virtually every menu and price on line. enjoy! [beer]