Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: points on licence

31 years with a clean licence and now I'm about to get 3 points for using my mobile whilst driving. I'm going to get a conviction for it rather than just the points - he asked me to produce my licence at a local station and when I did, I was told I was too late, you're only allowed 7 days to do so, not the 9 which I took.

Automatic court case. However, to get to the point, I'm not going to get a Visa. I genuinely do not believe it is intended for these types of cases. My wife has a Visa for basically the same circumstances and the US authorities regularly disbelieve her when she tells them why she has it.
    Tonish

Florida Savvy
    hi all,
    thanks so much for your reassuring answers, we applied for ESTA, and both came through but now for the twist!

2 weeks after the ticket was issued, we had not paid the fine as we where going to contest it but had handed licence over within the 7 days as asked. we get 2 letters from the police. 1 containing his licence, completly clean. the other explaning that they where dropping the incident as no illegal activity had taken place!

the junction my husband took a right turn on, is over a duel carrageway, the "no right turn" sign applies to the flow of the traffic closest to the junction which was flowing left, he had crossed this part, and had taken a right turn after this on to a right hand flow of traffic.

on top of this, the policeman wrote on the form that it was a u turn simon had made, at a no u turn sign. that was the part we where contesting as there is no "no u turn" sign anywhere on the junction and the policeman had wrote down the wrong offence.

so, very glad we didnt have to contest it, but even better if the policeman had realised his mistake or over zelousness before writing the ticket as it would have saved them time and paperwork, and us stress!

love Kerry

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:31 years with a clean licence and now I'm about to get 3 points for using my mobile whilst driving. I'm going to get a conviction for it rather than just the points - he asked me to produce my licence at a local station and when I did, I was told I was too late, you're only allowed 7 days to do so, not the 9 which I took.

Automatic court case. However, to get to the point, I'm not going to get a Visa. I genuinely do not believe it is intended for these types of cases. My wife has a Visa for basically the same circumstances and the US authorities regularly disbelieve her when she tells them why she has it.[/quote]

The criteria that prevents use of a Visa Waiver is arrest and/or conviction for a 'crime of moral turpitude'.

Whilst an exact definition of such a crime is not given, there are precedents quoted; and they are serious offences - usually involving intent to commit crimes involving dishonesty or injury.

Even the US embassy guidance(which are not regulations) states that minor traffic offences do not prevent use of a waiver.