Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US27

Florida Expert
    Like the 192, H27 is quite long and varied. It is quieter than the commercial 192, but many owners and guests like that.

If you use Sherbeth Road to come back from Disney or Universal (using Osceola Parkway) you'll pass most of the well known restaurants such as TGFI, Carabbas, Cracker Barrel, Longhorns, Olive Garden, Houlihans. On H27 near my community is Santa Fe Steak House, Chillis, Applebees and many independent eateries. We often go north on H27 to go to some quieter restaurants used by 'local' restaurants. Supermarkets are abundant too - Super Target, Publix, Wal-Mart, Sweetbay as well as Walgreens and CVS.

South on H27 is Posner Park and there is another shopping mall close by just off the 429.

Florida Savvy
    192 seems much busier than the 27. Our home is just off the 192 towards the I4, so not right down the 192. It depends where you stay in Kissimmee to be honest, we're right on the 192 but rarely use it and it is quiet where we are. 27 as everyone has said is much more residential and spread out but I think everything you need is in driving distance down there.
    Karen

Could someone please confirm for me - is the 27 that you refer to the road running North-South and the west end of the 192 sort of T's with it? I've never explored round there, might be somewhere new to take a look at.
    Dave.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Dads_Taxi
    Could someone please confirm for me - is the 27 that you refer to the road running North-South and the west end of the 192 sort of T's with it? I've never explored round there, might be somewhere new to take a look at.
    [/quote]

Yes - it is US27, which crosses I-4 at Posner Park, and goes north past the end of 192 and up to Winter Garden

Gold 5 Star Member
    I can't see there being much to hate about 192 or 27...I may find 192 to busy for me..but I don't hate it...it seems a silly thing to say

Florida Chatterbox
    Stayed at Windsor Palms in 2008 which is off Formosa Gardens Boulevard, 3 minutes from the 192 down past the Outback Steakhouse.

This year we stayed on Highlands Reserve which is on the US27.

My opinion, nice to be out of the hustle and bustle but after 3 or 4 days i realised that pretty much everywhere we wanted to go meant driving on or near the 192 at some stage. Whether it be to go out for breakfast, head to a park, go out for dinner, gift shops...... We used the 192 so much i will be looking around there next time and not the US27. Granted, we used the I4 a lot but that crosses the 192.

Another place i seemed to pass regularly was just north of the 192 on the I4.
    Garry Pullan

Florida Chatterbox
    During our fortnight in Jan at West Stonebridge this year we only hit the 192 twice the whole time. I avoid it as the traffic lights can delay things. From 27 Sth of 192, getting to the parks is much quicker via marker 55 or 58 on I4 than 192. That being said, I would happily holiday in a villa in either area. The western end of 192 is getting good with Olive Garden, Longhorn, Houlihans etc.

Florida Savvy
    I prefer staying on US27 and im very very very happy now they have a Starbucks...heaven!
    Sarah

Super Moderator
    Sarah where is the Starbucks on the 27

It's just in front of the Lowes at Cagan's Crossing, it has a drive through as well which is great for breakfast on the hoof, their banana & walnut bread is gorgeous[msnsmile2]
    Caroline & Dave