Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US27

Florida Junior

US27

Has the US27 got the same things as the 192? Plenty shops, eating places? Is it as busy as the 192? which I found to be a bit too busy!

Hi Shona,

The 27 is much more spread out than the 192, and does not have the same concentration of shops and restaurants. Having said that, there is plenty of choice on the 27. Overall, I would say that the 192 is quite commercial, and the 27 is more residential. Along the 192, you will find pockets of shops, restaurants etc., and on the 27 it is more spread out. The 192 can become a little congested at times, but traffic on the 27 moves more freely and faster.

On the whole, if you found the 192 to be a bit too busy, then I would say that the 27 would suit you better.

I hope this helps[msnsmile]

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    US27 is definitely much quieter. From Clermont to Davenport it is predominantly villa communities with restaurants scattered about. Personally the 192 is too busy for me - but great to visit for the choice of restaurants. If you are looking at villas down US27, depending on their location, you also have the advantage you can avoid the congested 192 when travelling to the parks, using I4 instead. There are plenty of places to eat on US27 but fewer than 192. The 27 has Applebees, one of my favourites, so that keeps me happy.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    The 27 now has Posner Park as well. At the moment it is mainly shops and a couple of snack eating places. But eventually it should have cinemas and restaurants.
    We have a home on the 27 and the only time we visit the 192 is for our annual visit to Olive Garden. Thats the only restaurant I cant find within a 10 minute drive.
    I remeber staying in a hotel on the 192 once and it drove us crazy as if you get the lights wrong you can only do a cuple of hundered meters without having to keep stopping.
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    Christine - you do know there's a new Olive Garden now at the 27 end of 192? It's pretty much next to the junction with the 429, so you should be able to do it within 10 mins. It's right next to the Longhorn Steakhouse - another excellent place to eat IMHO.
    Steve

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
    Christine - you do know there's a new Olive Garden now at the 27 end of 192? It's pretty much next to the junction with the 429, so you should be able to do it within 10 mins. It's right next to the Longhorn Steakhouse - another excellent place to eat IMHO.
    [/quote]

Theres aso an Olive Garden on the 27 up towards Claremont, not as busy as the one on the 192
    Roger

Florida Chatterbox
    It's not because we own on I27 ... but we much prefer this area than the 192 (heum-heum )
    all along I27 has a lot of new centers with restaurants, walmart, Lowe's (our favourite !!!)
    It's quieter but you still have everything at finger touch ... so I27 have all our votes !
    [url]http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/florida-vacation-rental-3515.aspx[/url]
    [url]http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/florida-vacation-rental-3516.aspx[/url]

And if you want to combine shopping with a trip to Olive Garden, why not pop down to Lakeland Square Mall, around 25 minutes, but again much quieter than the tourist spots
    Shirley

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We visited someone staying along the 27 and hated it, would never stay there. It all boils down to personal choice. We stay within a 2 minute drive of the 192, it is so quiet and peaceful were we stay but close to the hussle and bustle, perfect combination in our eyes.
    Lyn

We own on Lindfields which is on the 192 at the 27 end and we rarely drive on the 192 as if we want to go to Disney say, we can drive along Funie Stead Road and just turn off and cross the 192 and then into Disney via Sherberth Road. We can also go to the Olive Garden and Longhorn Restaurants by driving along the quiet part of the 192 so it is an ideal area to own a home. We are also close to the 429 which takes up to Winter Garden to the Mall there or we can drive just 2 miles to the 27 and drive south to Pozner Park. To us Lindfields is the ideal area to live. But then we are predjudiced.

Andrena