Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garry's Trip Part 8

Florida Savvy
    Garry

When else would they get away with a combination like that? Reminds me of my son, also then aged 8, after we allowed him to go up to the buffet and make his own choices for the first time. After a particularly long wait at the grill for a decent piece of steak, I returned to my table to find hubby and son missing. No sign of them at the buffet. Sat down and looked out the window, only to see my son throwing up in the middle of the car park right in front of lots of potential customers! Must have been the 2 plates of peach cobbler he had eaten while I had been waiting for my steak. Thank goodness my husband noticed him turning a strange colour and got him outside in time!

Still, I have to say that even that episode did not put us off and we usually have to go there once each trip. He is rationed to one visit to each "station". My son has learned his lesson, though, and we always manage to have a laugh about it. Sandra

Hello Garry
    Glad you had a great time and thanks for the brilliant trip reports.How was highlands reserve? if you remember you asked a couple of questions about the place last year. Hope it was everything you wanted. just a few questions from my side now. We are looking to book for next October and the guy we booked our last villa with has now sold, so is there anything we need to lookout for regarding location(in highlands). Also wile we were there(April 09) us27 was building up nicley ie eateries,shops and the like, is there anything we need to look out for on that piont. I know October is a long way off but this will help on choosing highlands or another location. But more importantly how was the golf[msnsmile2]
    Thanks
    Mike

If Everton were playing in my back garden i would close the curtains
    (Shanks)

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Mike, Yes it was fantastic, just over too quickly and the memories fade with the tan!! It'll be 3 years before we go back i think, possibly 2.

Highlands Reserve was lovely, very quiet and clean. I remember you answering my questions in detail and i'm not sure that much has changed on the 27. Berry Town Centre was handy for the Publix and the chinese was ok. We found a better chinese south on the 27 passed the I4 called china to go. Spice of life indian was great too.

Our villa was fantastic, it was an OV one originally but then they sold but we stuck with them (See DM). It was on Belfry overlooking the course which was just ok i thought, perhaps the time of year and the fact that they had frost on a few mornings. Legends was much better. didn't play to 7 but didn't too bad either considering new shoes and hired clubs (Wilson, they were rubbish!).

A new Olive Garden and Longhorns has opened on the 192, quite close to the US27 so they're not far, obviously stright down the 27 to Mannys!!!! They're doing some roadworks near Highlands, just adding a slip lane to the Sand Mine Road turn off by the looks of it.

Belfry was pretty much right in the middle of Highlands so it was quite a walk to Berry Toen Centre for Linksters Bar but that wouldn't put us off.
    Garry Pullan

Florida Chatterbox
    Just read my trip reports, ah the memories!!!

3 weeks today and we're off again! Strange considering we were expecting to be going in 2013, not complaining though!!!

More trip reports to come hopefully.
    Garry Pullan

Florida Chatterbox DisneyPrincess's Avatar
    Looking forward to the next set of fantastic reports Garry! Very envious that having just bought out first house, we might not make it till 2013 now [msnsad]

Florida Chatterbox
    ok, is this a trick [msnembarrased] i cant see any of garry's trip part 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 where have you hidden them [msnoo]

If you click on trip reports above, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on page 7 you should find them[msnsmile2]
    Caroline & Dave