Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: villa or perhaps condo?

villa or perhaps condo?

We have just spent 3 weeks in a villa. The community was fine, the villa was fine, but we noticed that the furniture in villas (we looked at another one while being here) are quite run down.
    Since our flight was canecelled and we are "stuck" here to enjoy 3 extra days of holiay, we had to find another accommodation. We are now in a condo at Caribe Cove. This is much more luxurious then a villa, the furniture way better and nicer looking too.

So for our next trip we are wondering if a condo wouldn't be a nicer option?
    But, we need a 4 bedroom condo. Who can advize?
    And who knows of 4 bed condo's in the Disney area?
    Thanks!!
    Renée

I can't see why the furniture would be better just because someone has bought a condo not a villa! I would check out the photos of where you want to stay next, ask the owners plenty of questions about the homes you shortlist (either villa or condo)

There are many of us who take great pride in keeping our homes up to date, with modern furniture and regularly replaced linen. These homes may cost a little more, but some of us enjoy the excuse to go shopping to make everything perfect for our guests' stay
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member
    Crumbs, I don't think that you can make a sweeping statement that furniture in villas is quite run down unless you've seen all villas and described the type of vlla. For instance, an OV villa, one from a tour operator, the price paid etc. If it's an OV villa, then I'm sure the owner would appreciate your letting them know about their furniture and making suggestions for any improvements.

I know of many homes where the furniture is most definitely not run down at all, including our own, and that includes the fixtures, fittings and the rest of the contents!

However, there's a bigger difference between a villa and a condo and that is a private pool and potentially a larger home. I can't say that I've heard of four bedroom condos (the maximum size is usually three bedrooms) but that doesn't necessarily mean to say that there aren't any.
    blott

I'm sure that not all villas have furniture that is run down. I am not "blaming" the owner, but it seems that some guests do not care about treating other people's property well.

Our villa was good, but I sat on the sofa one evening watching tv and my back was killing me. Ikt was a bed sofa, but the other sofa was just as soft.
    Tables were wabbly, as were commodes. Again, we think the owner took great pride in keeping his villa up because painting etc. was immaculate.

However, we are now staying in a condo, in a complex, and that looks much better and the quality seems better.
    I will have a lok at both your villas since you maintain yours.
    Thanks for your reply.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I can't see why the furniture would be better just because someone has bought a condo not a villa! I would check out the photos of where you want to stay next, ask the owners plenty of questions about the homes you shortlist (either villa or condo)[/quote]How often are the photos of villas on these sites updated? I just looked at the villa we stayed in at xmas 2006 and the photos are still the same. Although the villa was very nice and perfectly clean, it wasn't as crisp as the pictures show. Unless improvements have been made this particular villa has had another 3 years wear. It maybe an idea to update photos of all villas on an annual basis. We have rented 4 different villas from these sites and have been very happy with all of them, and will without any doubt rent from here again.

Dave

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sunseeker

How often are the photos of villas on these sites updated? I just looked at the villa we stayed in at xmas 2006 and the photos are still the same. Although the villa was very nice and perfectly clean, it wasn't as crisp as the pictures show. Unless improvements have been made this particular villa has had another 3 years wear. It maybe an idea to update photos of all villas on an annual basis. We have rented 4 different villas from these sites and have been very happy with all of them, and will without any doubt rent from here again.

Dave[/quote]This is a really good point, a villa we stayed in over 7 years ago still has exactly the same pictures on display as when we rented it. I would have to assume that some of that furniture looks quite different now, or has been replaced.

Interestingly they have only just changed the opening words of their advert from "Brand New" to modern

Florida Expert
    We have been in/stayed in many villas over the years and never been in a shabby home; homes owned by forum members tend to be those where the owners take a great pride in their home and go over frequently to ensure they are kept to a high standard.

The only complaint I have heard was from a family who had bought a package; they subsequently booked our home and their faith is restored.

Renee, how much per week did you pay for your home?

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by heathercobbett
    Renee, how much per week did you pay for your home?[/quote]Good question, Heather.

We take great pride in maintaining and upgrading our villa - and we present it to a high standard. We have had nothing but praise from our guests.
    However, to achieve that we charge a fair rent.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Renee, I would echo most of the above points.

There are many owners (including myself) who take great pride in their homes and replace and upgrade on a regular basis. If you are looking at villas on this site ask the owners when the photos were taken and what replacements/upgrades they have done in the last few years for example.

There are more costs generally to owning a villa with having gardeners and pool care etc. and a larger area to maintain and upgrade, so those owners who really look after their homes well have to charge a rate to reflect this though.

Don't be afraid to ask the owners of homes you are interested in any questions and you should find out all you want to know.

I don't know a lot about condos as only stayed in one. We booked our first holiday in Florida with a condo for one week and a villa for the other. The kitchen in the condo had no natural light and it felt quite cramped after staying in a spacious villa. The kids made the choice easy for us as they loved the pool and space the villas offered, and we then bought ours! I am sure there are lovely condos too, just our preference was for the villa as we like to be "detached" too and not have to worry about noise from people above and below!

Renee.

When we bought our villa in 2004 although the villa was quite reasonable we upgraded, spending £20000.00 straight away, since then, on an annual basis we upgrade something, to date we have spent £50000.00 on upgrades and we are like many on this site, if there is something remotely not right with anything, it is replaced.

This year, we are replacing the dining room table and chairs and th entire kitchen, the former was only purchased 2 years ago but unfortunately, someone has broken the back of one of the chairs, our management company has obviously taken this chair out of service but do you see what can happen.

A villa represents exceptional value for money, most 4 bed villas costing around £12 to £15 per person per night if shared by 8 people, where else can you get this sort of quality for this price?
    Roger