Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garry's trip Part 6

Florida Chatterbox

Garry's trip Part 6

Ok, apologies for no reports over the last couple of days, been very tired on our return and up and out on a morning (kids, they take it out of you!!!)

Anyway on Friday we decided that we would try out Aquatica even though it was still cool (66 degrees). It turned out to be a good decision as the park was very very quiet, looked liked we'd turned up on a closed day and broken in! We were literally the only people on the beach area for the first hour, we didn't get there until around noon. We never waited for a ride, shared the wave pool with about 30 other people, got served for lunch quickly albeit with an experience with the worst pizza maker in history! If he was italian as he sounded then i'm a hair model for Toni & Guy!! (if you saw me you'd know how ridiculous that thought is!!). I can thoroughly recommend going to a water park when it's cool if you can brave the slight chill when you get out of the (very warm) pools. Had a great afternoon there and then phoned for a takeaway when we returned (Spice of Life and Chinese to go). Lovely food.

On Saturday we had always planned to drive down to Anna Maria Island which we did. We set off from Davenport with beautiful blue skies and 72 degrees forecast. A nice 2 hour drive down there going via the Skyway bridges (a detour i know but wanted the more scenic drive) having the Suburban helped with this decision[msnwink]. Well, when we got there it was dark overhead and just as we pulled into the car park, rain!!! I wasn't the most popular person on Gulf Drive at that moment. I went and took a look on the beach and decided that what the hell, we were here now lets go for it. A cold start ensued, around an hour of cool wind and me constantly checking my iphone for the hourly updates and glancing northwards to see if the clouds were leaving us. Anyway by around 1pm we had beautiful blue skies and around 70 degrees, heaven! We spent all afternoon there and even stayed on to watch the perfect sunset, no clouds! Really loved it, kids had a blast but no one dared to swim, far too cold! A quick fast food stop on the way home ended what turned out to be a tiring but great day.

Today we spent at Hollywood Studios, sunshine most of the day with temperature around 73 degrees. We have done Hollywood before so we could relax and just see what we wanted to, no pressure. It was really nice and relaxed. We stayed for the 7pm Fantasmic show and then headed home. This is where i am now, just finishing this report along with a well deserved ice cold bud. I have also put a photograph up on my Facebook account showing last nights sunset, mainly as i have heard that Leeds has had 6 inches of show hahahaha!!

Anyway time for bed now, Magic Kingdom again tomorrow afternoon after some pool and Publix time.

Question, best breakfast?? Tried Market Street Cafe, IHOP, Cracker Barrel, Golden Corral. Any new ones i should be trying.

Ah by the way, going to trying for Manny's again either tomorrow or Tuesday, i'll say a prayer before going to bed!!

Til the next time.

Some people have asked for photos, i would have to resize them all to put them up on here which would take me into Summer! They're on Facebook, around 1000 photos so if anyone wants to see them then request me as a friend and a select few will get to fall asleep looking at them! Honestly it's a huge undertaking to get through them all!!!!
    Garry Pullan

Florida Newbie
    Garry,
    Try Bob Evans for breakfast there is one on 192. Oh and good luck with Manny's.

Steve.

Hi Garry

We have missed your reports for the past couple of days, pleased to hear that there have not been any more accidents ! My BH loves The Waffle House on US27 for breakfast, they do a good philly cheesesteak sandwich. My favourite is the Golden Corral.

Keep the reports coming please.[msnsmile2]
    Wendy

Another good report. Have wanted to visit Anna Maria Island so may try that next time, hopefully without the rain. Your photo looks a bit different on fb, I think you may have a few new friends[msnwink]
    Karen Scott

Great reports Gary. Really enjoy reading them.

Another vote for Bob Evans for breakfast.

Sandra

Another vote for Bob Evans, from Highlands the closest is down the 27 opposite the I4 junction near Posner park - might see you there later[msnwink]
    Or we do like Starbucks up at Cagan's Crossing Venti Latte and a slice of banana walnut bread - yummy! They even have a drive through if you want to keep moving.
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Chatterbox
    And vote for Bob Evans, in my view the best pancakes of the large chains - although, IMHO, the syrup is not as good as cracker barrel[ihop]

Florida Chatterbox
    Yes my vote would be for Bob Evans too their fruit crepes are gorgeous[ihop]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Bob Evans for us too with the fruit and yoghurt crepes my favourite [8D]
    Ruth

Great report, again, Garry. I looked at your avatar, and laughed out loud at the Toni and Guy comment[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx