Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Passport Question

Florida Chatterbox

Passport Question

Hello Guys

I am due to travel to orlando again in december after going in july. what it is my passport is due to expire in 31 January 2011, i fly out in december 22 - till january 3, 2011, would it be best to renew passport before hand or can i use the old one.

Many Thanks

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Personnally I would renew my passport after the July trip, the outstanding months will be added to the new 10 year term
    Christine

Florida Junior
    Personally I would renew before you go. My understanding is that your passport would need to be valid for 90 days from date of arrival because that is the duration of a visa waiver admission. If you renew a few months before your passport expires the new one will expire 10 years from the expiration of you old one so that you do not lose any validity overall.

Hope that makes some sense

As i understand it, you only need a valid passport for the duration of your stay. ie: it can expire the day after you return home. Having said that, i too would renew it before i travel. The passport office will add any remaining time off of your old passport upto a maximum of 9 months.

Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    While it might make good sense to renew beforehand just in case your plans are disrupted, your current passport is fine for your planned trip. At one time, there were limitations but now, as long as your passport is valid on the date of return, you're fine.

Florida Chatterbox
    Last year the fees for renewing a passport went up in September. By July, you should know if there will be another increase this September, and if there is you can renew before the increase, and still get the same expiry date as you would if you waited until January to renew.

If you do renew before your December trip, don't forget you'll need a new ESTA application.