Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Garry's trip Part 5

Florida Chatterbox

Garry's trip Part 5

Well Thursday saw us having a chill out day. Brilliant clear skies but that Northerly wind keep the temperature down. We all had breakfast at home and then headed off to the Florida Mall to relieve ourselves of over $200 in Build-a-Bear!! I did wonder how a company selling clothes and accessories for teddy bears could ever keep afloat but seeing the kids in there yesterday showed me how! It is obscene really but the kids love it and it's their money that they have saved up so who am i to tell them that they can't spend $18 on a Harley Davidson leather jacket for a bear! Yes, their dad but that gives me no rights at all when there are teddy bear clothes to buy!

We spent around an hour in there then had a walk to try and find a haidressers for Jack, our 8 year old. At the 3rd time of trying we got him in at Regis in the Florida Mall. an uneventful 15 minutes followed and then we were all back in the car heading back to Davenport with a stop off at Walmart for supplies and BBQ stuff. That place is immense, you can't possibly just nip in there, it requires military precision to find what you want and not put one of everything in the trolley!! We finally ticked everything off our list and headed to the checkout. Now the checkout people must have training to spend the most amount of time with each customer, boy they know how to take their time! We switched queues 3 times and finally picked a queue we thought would be best (we had left all the kids in the car), and no, not on their own [msnwink] The woman in front had one of Walmart's electric mobility scooters which scared me a little after previous events but we thought she would be through there in no time. how wrong we were. She had more coupons than anyone should ever have in a lifetime of shopping, around 15 items and 12 coupons! Each time there was a coupon to be scanned, the cashier seemed hell bent on discussing the stock levels, how that item was selling and wait for this......recommending other items which also had a coupon available that would go nicely with that item! Yes, you guessed it, the old lady's daughter/helper would rush off and find the item recommended! (3 times this happened) with the last one happening once all the food had been through and she had even paid! Off daughter went to find pizza dough, 4 bags of it! We waited impatiently but without saying anything cos we're english and that's what we do, moan about it after the event! To give you some idea of my troubles, we were 3rd in the queue and it took 25 minutes to get through checkout! The lady cashier even insisted on packing our bags as if we were going to Fedex them back to the UK! Everything in it's place and not one item fouling another. I wouldn't mind but we only had a 5 minute drive home and she had given us almost the same amount of bags to items. Global warming right there at the checkout!!

Anyway once we were out of there we headed back to the car to make sure everyone was still alive and headed back to the villa. By this time it was warming up nicely so we started the BBQ. Kids got straight in the pool whilst the adults prepared lunch. It was a lovely afternoon, everyone got in the pool at some point and the weather was great, getting up to 65 degrees. The kids didn't get out until 7pm, 5 hours after first jumping in! Don't know how they do it!

We skipped dinner as we had eaten lunch quite late and once the kids had been bathed we settled down to watch a film. Not long after, we found ourselves dropping off to sleep so decided we should call it a night and went off to bed.

Quite an uneventful day but i think the kids needed a break from pounding the theme parks.

Undecided on what to do today as it is cloudy but warmer. We had planned for Aquatica today so might head out to Perkins for breakfast and then go to Aquatica at around 12 o clock (65 degrees and sunny by then). A high today of 68 so should be ok.
    Garry Pullan

My what memories you have evoked - made me laugh out loud. Love Wal mart but ooh you can wait some
    Lynne

Florida Chatterbox
    Very funny Garry...

by reading... I was near you at Walmart queue...

A tip for shopping there and avoid 1,000 carry bags at your holidays end...

We take some strong re-usable bags from europe and use them when shopping
    (I even think Walmart have them too now (for a few cents) !)

Better for the global earth warming up and wildlife !
    [url]http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/florida-vacation-rental-3515.aspx[/url]
    [url]http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/florida-vacation-rental-3516.aspx[/url]

Florida Expert
    Love the trip reports Gary, glad it's not only me that has to que for hours at the checkouts in Walmart.
    We go in 7 weeks time so your wetting our appetite with these smashing reports, keep them coming
    Eric

Florida Junior
    Garry, I have to say so far I have laughed out loud at all of your reports, you really are very funny and descriptive, I nearly feel as if im there with you all! We go in just over 3 weeks and can't wait to experience what you are (apart from the lady in the motorised scooter!) I am happy you are enjoying your holiday and even happier the weather is improving! I have been a bit unsure as to whether to pack my fleece or my shorts! Look forward to next installment! Bridget Jones' diary eat your heart out lol
    Jeanette

Thanks for the giggle Garry I have also been behind 'coupon lady' in Wal Mart. It is amazing how only certain flavours of baby food are included on the coupons and when someone is buying three weeks supply for twins it takes sometime [msnwink]

My other theory is 'this is Florida, let's slow down' [msncool]
    Shirley

Thaksfo the reports Garry have loved them all [msnsmile2]just getting ready to go to the airport [clap]
    Kim

Great trip reports, I don't usually read this but yours are so good and they really really make me wish I was in Florida right now![msnsmile]

Florida Junior
    Really great trip report. Could definitely identify with the Walmart queue. We've often said we don't know how they get away with being so slow at the checkouts, especially as they seem to like to be able to do everything else in double quick time. We just can't figure it out.

loving it Garry..... keep it coming!!! im with ya!![msnwink]
    Liesa