Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garry's trip Part 4

Florida Chatterbox

Garry's trip Part 4

Ok so today was an early start as we had to be at Disney's Contemporary Resort for Chef Mickey's Breakfast. All washed, dressed and loaded up for 8:45 and on our way. I learned of the tip for using valet parking for Chef Mickey's so we rolled up at the front of the hotel like The Beckham's in our big black Suburban, me with my Ray Bans on and Melanie with her Gucci's on. I'm sure heads were turning until i opened the door and what seemed like 30 children started pouring out of the car!!! We were there for about 10 minutes setting up the double pushchair (stroller??!!) getting the babies out, trying to reign in the boys etc... by this time my Ray Bans had fallen on the floor, Melanie looked like cousin 'IT' (the munsters), bags and parafanalia strewn all over the bell boys desk! It was less like Armani and more like Primark by the time the guy took his $5 tip and drove off in our car!

Up to the 4th floor and straight to our table, overlooking the castle in Magic Kingdom. The next hour was amazing, forget the food which was breakfast, it was ok, nothing special but the characters were fantastic. The kids and big kids had the best time! I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone if they have the experience we did! The boys loved the food, to be allowed to have bacon, sausage, pizza, donuts, chocolate cake and gummie bears on one plate for breakfast was a dream come true for them! We were in there for about an hour and a half and at the very end of it the server very kindly removed the shirt off my back whilst issuing the bill! It's ok though he waited until i had finished my eggs to avoid a more serious choking incident! Yes expensive, yes worth it!

So once packed up we were off on the 10 minute walk to Magic Kingdom which is a much more civilised way of entering the park. We arrived just in time to see the parade which was great but why is it that a grown man with 4 kids, a management position in his career, a mortgage, savings and a thoroughly grounded approach to life suddenly feels the need to constantly wave at the floats and start whooping along with all the many children who were around?! I don't know either, magic of disney or a slight imbalance in the head department?? Anyway that was me!! The rest of the park consisted of a leisurely walk to each land, stopping off for photos and activities for the kids. One incident to report was having my legs crushed up against the counter of a coffee stall in the Toontown area! More surprising than being hit hard on the back of the legs was when i finally released myself and turned round to find a large southern american lady in a motorised disabled scooted sat there looking bemused!! She had basically hit the wrong button and hurtled towards me, trapping me in a death hold up against the counter, me with only a mickey mouse light saber and a pluto baseball cap in my hands to defend myself with!! I almost had to climb over her basket to get out of there!! No damage done unless someone got a photo of me (picture the scene, me polaxed by a 70 year old woman on a runaway motorised scooter)!!

I limped around the rest of the park and we left around 5:30pm for the short walk back to Contemporary Resort to scare the bell boys once again!!

A quick trip back to Davenport and a delivered takeaway indian for tea was just what was required, lovely. The 3 buds i have had whilst sat up at the breakfast bar has finished a great day off very nicely. Kids went in the pool at sunset (i'm happy to report the pool was lovely and warm)

All that's left to do is to post another 125 photos onto Facebook which i have done religiously everyday so that my sister can see her daughter. 9:45pm now and ready for bed in a little while.

Thanks for all your comments on the reports, i am enjoying reliving the days with you all and it kind of acts as a diary for me in the months to come where perhaps i would forget some things (not the heavy set suicide scooter lady though)!!! It was maroon in colour with a dent in the front basket after i'd climbed over it and her!!!

Chill out day tomorrow w
    Garry Pullan

loving the reports Garry, especially the detail ABH from the woman in the scoooter!![msnsmile2]

Liz

Another great report Gary - sitting here by myself chuckling
    Dawn Murray

Great Garry, keep them coming.

Have you any photo's you can post on the forum? Would love to see some.[msnsmile2]
    Janice
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1829.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    That made me smile - so pleased to hear that the weather is getting better[msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Great trip report Gary, the thought of you waving at the floats made me laugh. [msnsmile2]
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Brilliant report Garry, I'm sitting with tears rolling down my cheeks! Hope you're not too bruised and battered[msnwink]
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    Your reports are a great way to start the day, you realise we will expect one like this every morning to set us up for the day.
    Babblin Boo

Brilliant Gary you tell the tale so well!

These are great reports keep them coming
    Lynne