Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garry's trip Part 2

Florida Savvy
    Hi Garry

Really enjoying your trip reports. A few too many angry red faces though for so early on in your holiday - the cold must be getting to you!

I'm afraid the joker at Manny's was probably telling it like it was. In all the rave reviews on this site about Manny's, there's little mention about the huge queues (although you had obviously noted the call-ahead tip). We once tried to get in around 5pm one February evening and the queue was wrapped around the outside deck! I'm told it is particularly busy this time of year because of the Snowbirds, not to mention the Early Bird Specials. We don't usually have a problem at any other time of the year, but we always try to get in between 5-6 pm. Also the size of your party would have had a bearing. Most of the seating in Manny's is booths seating 4-6 people. If I recall correctly, there are only a couple of big round tables in the front section that would be able to accommodate your party (unless you were willing to split up). Still, don't let it put you off trying again as the food is definitely as good as we all say! Hope you make it back there! Look forward to the rest of your reports.

Sandra

glad you got car sorted Garry....loving it!! longhorns one of our favs... on the 192 i believe.... cant wait for ours to soon get here!!
    keep it coming and thanks for taking the time out of your holiday to give us a trip report its well appreciated [msnwink]
    Liesa

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SandraBulmer
    Hi Garry

Really enjoying your trip reports. A few too many angry red faces though for so early on in your holiday - the cold must be getting to you!

I'm afraid the joker at Manny's was probably telling it like it was. In all the rave reviews on this site about Manny's, there's little mention about the huge queues (although you had obviously noted the call-ahead tip). We once tried to get in around 5pm one February evening and the queue was wrapped around the outside deck! I'm told it is particularly busy this time of year because of the Snowbirds, not to mention the Early Bird Specials. We don't usually have a problem at any other time of the year, but we always try to get in between 5-6 pm. Also the size of your party would have had a bearing. Most of the seating in Manny's is booths seating 4-6 people. If I recall correctly, there are only a couple of big round tables in the front section that would be able to accommodate your party (unless you were willing to split up). Still, don't let it put you off trying again as the food is definitely as good as we all say! Hope you make it back there! Look forward to the rest of your reports.

Sandra

[/quote]

Totally agree with you Sandra, last spring we were having to wait 90 mins at Mannys for a table for 2. But as you say it is well worth it.

Enjoying your trip report, Garry. Keep them coming

Maureen x[msnsmile2]
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3215.aspx