Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garry's trip Part 2

Florida Chatterbox

Garry's trip Part 2

Well Saturday as expected was nice but uneventful. Weather was poor in the morning, cloudy and cold (50 degrees)[msnsad] so the kids played in the games room and me and Melanie went to Walmart to stock up. Didn't do bad this time, $170 for supplies[msntongue]. The afternoon was much brighter so the kids went in the cold pool!!! The pool heaters just don't do a thing below around 55 degrees! Saturday night saw us at Longhorns for the legendary Flo's fillet. Really nice meal but by the time we got seated the kids were falling asleep at the table[|)].

Sunday was our first outing of the holiday.......oh the car, i forgot. I took the sc-rap metal back to Alamo and had a heated discussions with the station manager about the state of the first Sienna[msnmad]. He was nice enough and said go choose another Sienna[msnmad]. I wasn't happy about getting another Sienna due to the problems with the first one and the well publicised issues with Toyotas. It was Daytona weekend and he had nothing, literally![msnmad][msnmad] In the end i agreed to take another Sienna but the more the conversation went on, the more stubborn i became. To cut a long story short, i ended up leaving with a Sienna with the promise of a Chevy Suburban on Monday! Yay!![msnwink]

Anyway, Sunday was lovely, clear blue skies and 60 degrees. We had the best day at Seaworld then came back to the villa for pizza, a few beers and bed! All worn out.

We have been to Epcot today and the weather is great. It has been sunny all day and temperature got up to 71 degrees, fantastic!! I've burnt my head though!! Spend all the time creaming up the kids and i forgot about myself!! On the way back to the car at Epcot i rang Manny's for call ahead seating for 6 people, a high chair and a sling, not an unusual request i thought..Wrong, the guy almost laughed at me for thinking i could do such a thing (you'd have thought i'd asked for our meal to be hand delivered to our pool!!!)[msnsad] Don't set off for 2 hours and then we'll see if we can do something was his reply!! Before i could ask him if it was April fools day the phone went dead!! The nicely spoken american gentleman turned out to be a not so nice, ignorant ahole!! Having said that, we're still gonna try and get in, perhaps by finding out his number and calling at 8am whilst he's having his breakfast and growling at his kids!![msnmad] I'll keep you posted and let you know if we end up eating out of their bins round the back!!

In the end we just came home, let the kids go mad in the pool then had dinner in the villa. I have just got back from what seems like my 20th trip to Orlando International in 3 days but i am pleased to announce that i have a new baby, no not a fifth child but a gleaming black, brand new Chevy Suburban!! Beautiful but at a high price, more toll fees than i care to remember and being on first name terms with the toll booth attendants!! Not a memory i thought i'd take home with me! Anyway, car is great and we'll give it a run up to Islands of Adventure after breakfast at Market Street Cafe in Celebration. Dinner tomorrow is at Hard Rock Cafe (unless some ahole tells us we can't eat until 11:30pm when they shut at 11pm!![msnwink]

More to come but for now it's bedtime.

p.s... Weather cooling tomorrow and Wednesday (58 degrees) but then it looks like minimum 70 degrees each day with lots of sun (i'd better buy a cap, ouch!!)
    Garry Pullan

Glad to hear you've got your baby sorted out Garry. I'm guessing you have an electric pool heater as sometimes they struggle when the temperatures are lower - a gas pool heater will have the water up to 85 even when the air temperature is low.
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    Electric pool heaters can be just as efficient if used with a pool blanket or solar rings (we have them and I was in our pool every day for 3 weeks in NOv/Dec even when there were a couple of frosts). We even turned our heater down a couple of degrees and I am a wimp when it comes to cold pools.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sounds like an eventful trip but thanks for coming back and telling us about it - we're looking forward to more instalments!

My Florida weather gizmo said 70 yesterday so I'm envious for one as we've just woken up to snow here, brrrrr.

A gas pool heater and a pool blanket or other solar device are really efficient at lower air temperatures but are more expensive to run so you may pay slightly extra for them.
    blott

Glad you sorted your car Garry and the weather has seen some improvement [msnsmile2] Try keeping your pool cover on all the time you are not in it, day and night, a bit of a faff I know, but it certainly makes a difference.

Even Mrs cold feet here can do the rush from the house to the pool when the steam is still rising. The kids then tell me that if you get out, stand on the side for a bit and jump back in, it will then feel really warm again
    Shirley

Florida Chatterbox
    Yes it is electric pool heating and no pool cover! I can see the steam rising off of it now. Back end of the week it is consistently in the 70's so pool should be better by then. Even now it's not too bad.

The new Longhorns had a queue a mile long on Saturday night so we left and went to the old town one, 40 minute wait. We're going to try the Olive Garden later in the holiday so will let you know. We've been to the old Olive Garden which was great!

Market Street Cafe in an hour then to Islands of Adventure. Hope there is enough to do there for the kids (20 months, 7, 8 and 10).
    Garry Pullan

Our last visit to Longhorns,which use to be our favourite(first visit 9 years ago), was last October. We were given one small bread for 6 of us and had to beg for 2nd(no extra butter). Steaks arrived on a teaplates with smallest amount of extras physically possible. Salads which were suppose to be available never materialised, even though we waited 45 minutes for steak to arrive. We managed to get two drinks and eventually paid over plenty of money and left hungry. Getting dinner was such a miserable experience we decided to omit desert. Got home and ordered chinese. Vowed that we would never ever visit again.
    Jan

Florida Expert gail and david roberts's Avatar
    we went to the new Longhorns on the 192 last year twice and really enjoyed it
    keep the reports coming in Garry enjoying reading them
    Gail

We have just got back into Manchester with Virgin and the plane was late getting in to Orlando airport they did not say why and the cleaning was a very bad job crumbs everywere and sat on the plane 1/2 hour more as waiting for the ok to go to the runway .
    Food on board was all dried up and not edible so had the starter pasta ,left the dried up potatoes and chicken but enjoyed the choclate sweet .
    Back to cold Uk Brrrrrr
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Garry really enjoying your reports keep them coming only 4 more days for me so i hope the weather gets better [clap][clap]
    Kim