Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgin Seat Allocation

Virgin Seat Allocation

We are off to Orlando in 6 weeks - we have been told by Virgin that they do not currently have 4 seats together for us but they will release more closer to the date. We cannot prebook our seats until we get our tickets from the travel agent (which they say we will get 5-7 days prior) - they have told us we will be fine to check in online the day before travelling :O Has anyone experienced this before and what are the chances of us getting 4 seats together as I do not want to be seperated from the children and I am starting to get worried about it :O

As far as I understand it the airlines cannot separate you from the children - you may have to sit, for example, one adult with one or two children with the other adult elsewhere, but they cannot leave the children on their own (although having four of our own, it is sometimes very tempting!!!) Even if they have to shuffle people around they will sort it out. Try not to worry - we have always been unable to check in online because (up until now) one of our kids has always been under 2 and you can't check an infant in early, and we have never had a major problem. Just try and concentrate on looking forward to your holiday. Have a great time!
    Alison and Danny

My daughter in law had the same problem but Virgin told us that they are legally obliged to seat a parent with their children aged 14 (it may have been 12)or under. They had to swop people around once on board on the outward journey, but returning they were already allocated seats when they got to check in. Definitely don't worry about it and enjoy the build up to your trip.

Sandra

We booked direct with Virgin and book our seats online and never been parted .
    If you have booked with a travel agent they have not paid the money upfront so it is what is left when they pay your money to so Virgin is not to blame .
    So next time book direct with Virgin and get treated better .It is the same as booking Europe with a travel agent .
    Ring Virgin and ask if your names are booked on the list for the flight you will need Flight number , date of travel and persons names who are traveling with you .
    They will help if you give them the reason you are calling .
    Good Luck
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

We travel together as a couple without children and always select our seats when we book our flights and check in online with same allocation.

Last year we had our seats changed 3 out of 3 journeys so that families could be seated together and on the third occasion we weren't even seated near each other!! We were 10 rows apart and on opposite sides of the plane, hubby kicked up such a fuss that although we still didn't get to sit together I got sent up to the posh seats by way of compensation[msnwink]

What I am saying is they will always try to seat families with children together so don't worry [msnsmile]

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    Changed seat allocations every time I used Virgin is the reason I don't fly with them anymore. I think you'll be OK because you have children with you and they won't be seated alone but you might do well to get 4 seats together. Good luck with it though.

Thanks everyone, I will just cross fingers and try the online check in and if that doesnt work I will try the twilight check in - thanks

Catherine try not to get stressed out reading about other peoples bad experiences, it's natural to be concerned and it's human nature that we only 'let rip' when something has gone wrong. I've never flown with Virgin but thousands of families fly with them every day and I'm sure it would have been all over the front pages of the national newspapers if they regularly split up young children from their parents.
    If you don't manage to get suitable seats at the twilight check in, then when you get to the airport explain your situation and politely but very firmly insist they allocate you appropriate seats. I'm sure you'll be fine, have a great time!
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Expert
    There is something to be said for the easyjet model ! A free for all [msnwink]
    Steve

Sitting a 4 or 7 y.o alone on a plane is definitely illegal. And dangerous. I would have sued them. Well, actually, no: I wouldn't have let them do that. No way.

We flew Virgin last year and got one adult one kid on each side of the plane going to Florida. Our fault entirely if we were "separated", as we asked if we could get 2 windows, and it was the only way she could allocate that. Return trip we got 2 windows again but on two following rows, which made communication easier [msnwink].

Don't worry too much, I'm sure it will be fine. Have a nice trip!