Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Will I or Wont I??

Florida Junior

Will I or Wont I??

Hi all, those who have read my previous threads on Visa's will know that i had to apply for a Visa was refused and was eventually granted a Waiver of Ineligibility, now I am worrying that when we get to MCO I will be pulled up by immigration and questioned again about my waiver. What are the chances of being pulled up? Has anyone ever had a visa/waiver and been pulled up by immigrations? What do they ask you? Does it take long? Sorry i'm just a born worrier! This whole experience is not one I ever want to go through again and after all this hassle the last thing I want is to be interrogated again by DHS at the airport, and have my whole family waiting to just get on with our holiday x thanks in advance x

Florida Junior
    Well for those who have a Visa or Waiver be prepared to be pulled over again. I was taken into a little room asked no questions at all had to wait for 15-20 minutes then told to have a good vacation! on the plus side of all this the queues for the luggage collection had gone and the queue for the car rental was small, really can't see the point of them taking me to this room though I had gone through all the correct channels to get my visa so why stop me again? Oh well.

Glad it all went well for you.

Sandra

Oh goodness I bet you were feeling anxious!

Have a great holiday.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Although they didnt ask you any questions I'm sure in the background checks were being made as to your status. You mention to anyone who has a Visa or waiver but as you said you never actually had a Visa and I'm guessing the "Waiver of ineligibility" means that you didnt need to apply for one at the time (is that how they explained it to you?
    Glad you can now get on with your holiday though and you may find in future your record will have automatically been updated.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    here is my experience of immigration.

DH has a visa for a crime committed when he was 21 ( he is 39 now!) and has never been in trouble since,

he has a visa to travel. On EVERY trip we have taken (15+ now) he always gets sent to the little office. We wait for 20 mins while his passport sits on a desk with no one doing anything to it. Then an officer comes in, picks his passport up, asks him if he has been in trouble since and then stamps it and sends him on his way!!!

it seems pointless and wastes our time, but such is life!!![msnwink]
    Caz