Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: unexplained credit card charges

Gold 5 Star Member

unexplained credit card charges

3 months after we come home i have a credit card charge from alamo on my jan statement[msnscared]

it's not a huge amount but obviously worrying

any idea what this charge could be and why so late? before i go and tackle the credit card company (we know that we did not go through any tolls without paying as we stopped and paid at them all) and we have the other charges that where due for the airport collection charge/ fuel etc on the oct statement

i am very worried [msnsad]

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Well first of all don't be worried-if you search the forums you will find other tales of woe-from memory the likeliest charge will be for petrol -i'm sure that an e mail to alamo for further details will give you the answer-if it is petrol then i'm sure that the guys on here will be able to confirm whether you should have been charged or not=if it is for an "additional" service like added insurance and you have signed for it then you might be stuck with it but again check the undercopy of the agreement and see what you signed for-but as stated i'd get a full breakdown of what it is for

Gold 5 Star Member
    i booked my car through the links on here and it inc the insurance and we have already paid for the petrol on the october statement (we signed and have a receipt for it) like i said this charge is 3 months later
    [msnscared]

Administrator
    For it be be 3 months later, chances are it's a toll violation, speeding fine, parking fine or some other traffic violation (whether correct or not). These arrive to the car hire companies typically 3 months after the violation.

I would strongly recommend allowing the payment to go through while you are investigating or contesting it. The car hire company will simply be passing this on (with an admin fee), so not paying, or getting your card company to pay back the money can result in an unpaid citation which can potentially cause you problems next time you enter the USA.

Gold 5 Star Member
    the bill has been paid Roger but we have asked for a dispute form (so we can find what is it)

we know that we did not go through the tolls without stopping and we park with a red disabled tag in florida so no parking violations that we can think off, Roger the driver is definitely not a speeder so we shall ask for details and sit and wait

i wonder how much these fines actually are? as it seems a very small amount to be any of these things, the girl at nationwide said it was a very unusual amount and she see's a lot of rental car charges that come to dispute after the holiday

Administrator
    Typically the admin fee is $25, so the fine is the remaining. If a toll violation then the amount is usually around $25.75 depending on the toll amount.

If you haven't already emailed, please email us on info@uscarhire.co.uk with your order number and details of the amount then we can check with our suppliers for you. It will probably be quicker than waiting for your card company to investigate the charge.

Gold 5 Star Member
    i have emailled you Roger thanks for your offer to help it is very much appreciated but i'm afraid i no longer have my order number so i think i just have to sit and wait until alamo justify it to the credit card people

got to say though the amount is no where near that high, it's a small insignificant amount that does not make sense to be any fine or violation so we think it must a mistake