Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Miami

Florida Junior

Miami

Sorry, me again.

Having booked Key West for three nights we are going to stay two nights in Miami on our way back to Orlando, possibly via Cocoa Beach for another night.

Where do you stay in Miami? South Beach, Miami Beach, Ocean Drive or Downtown. I am soooo confused.

After the relaxing time in Key West we are looking for a bit more to do.

Happy to use the car during the day but would like to be able to walk at night to restaurants and bars.

Thanks.
    Hazel

Super Moderator
    When we are in Miami we often use public transport to get about, especially during the day, as it is extensive and cheap.

We stopped in South beach for one night and loved it, I agree with the public transport comment as driving in Miami can be a bit hectic!

Florida Expert
    Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa - Miami Beach North
    Lovely wrap around balcony looking onto the beach.
    KJH

Gold 5 Star Member
    We stayed at the Bal Harbour end which was lovely but I know the Sheraton where we stay is undergoing refurbishment but there are other hotels along that stretch
    Jan&Steve

Florida Junior
    we went to miami last year and stayed at the holiday inn on miami beach. lovely hotel right on the beach but to get to south beach where the action is, is about 2 miles. Not a problem for us as we took the bus down to it which cost $2 per person. We walked it one night but as it was so hot and humid we were all a bit hot and bothered when we got there, nice walk along the boardwalk though. Be prepared to pay though as the drinks are really dear.

Florida Newbie
    Looking to stay for one night in Miami this May,family of 4(all adults now the kids are in their 20'ts) so many Hotels to choose, can anyone suggest a good Hotel on or near South Beach.

Thanks
    Barry