Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best time to go

Florida Newbie

best time to go

Hi we went to Forida in 2008 in May last time and found the Disney parks were full of american children on there school trips.Booking up to go in 2011, can anyone tell us what August or October is like to go, Also can anyone tell me when the american summer school vaction ends cheers
    angela keene

Hi
    October is a lovely time to go, we always go at that time of the year, the parks are a lot quieter, the weather is still hot in fact when we went last October it was near record temperatures for the time of year. I would imagine that in August the parks are incredibly busy and waiting times very long due to the fact that it is school holidays in UK and I think in the US also. I think it is more expensive as well to go in August. We are booked to go again in October 2012.[msnsmile2][clap]
    Wendy

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    If you're stuck to August because of school hols try the last 2 weeks because I believe that the US schools go back mid August

If you are wanting quieter parks, then end of August into September is great. October probably has better weather, with less humidity, but if you are looking at the school half term, then this is a busy time at the parks, with the US children often on break as well.
    Shirley

Florida Savvy
    we found that the first two weeks in November is also a great time to go.
    Much cheaper than October, and the parks are all really quiet.

Weather is always great, plus you miss the hallowe'en and thanksgiving holiday weekends when the parks are quite busy.

Florida Newbie
    Summer vacation here in ths States varies, some go back 1-2 weeks before our Labor Day (first Monday in Sept)others, the day after.

Florida Junior
    We have been in october and november and the parks were very quiet with good weather. This year we have booked for the middle of october but will probably spend the first week doing the parks and the other (which will be the uk's mid term holiday) by the pool, with a long cool drink [msnwink]

Florida Newbie
    I personally think the best time of the year is New Years. The crowds aren't so bad because everybody has plans to be with family. The lines for the rides weren't so bad and Disney does a pretty neat fireworks show for the whole week celebrating New Years. It did get into the forties for a little bit but it wasn't too bad.
    [URL=\"http://www.titleescrowmiami.com/\"]Florida Title[/URL] [url=\"http://djitrader.com\"]dji[/url]

Florida Chatterbox
    I don't know if i am in the minority, but being that I have been to orlando so many times. I have experience the parks and all so it may be selfish of me, but I know alot of people like to go orlando and avoid the crowds but to me I love it, to me that is what orlando and the parks about, if it was a quiet park sure it would not be a famous as it is and would hate to travel all that way and to find the roads empty, shops empty and no atmostphere, so to me going to orlando is all about the buzz and to have the buzz you need people, both local people and internationals like us.

Imagine like summer the amount of brits you meet up with, you meet some interesting people, on of our first family trip we met another british family and we have become good friends and been in contact for many moon years and we are flying out together as a big huge families in december.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Ww now like to go between Oct & Dec or Jan & Mar. We find the heat and humidity in the summer just to much for us, also the flights are cheaper. I like smaller queues at the parks, it means I can usually do a whole park easily in a day and sometimes 2 parks. This helps to keep our costs down. The cheaper the holiday the more often I can go[clap][clap]
    Lyn