Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: north facing garden

Florida Junior

north facing garden

does a north facing garden make any difference in october in orlando. in this country the sun would cause a shadow on the back garden. just wondering if the sun is higher in orlando thus not creating this problem. would appreciate your help please.

In my opinion yes it will make a difference however It all depends on the house, a 2 storey home would have a lot more shade than a single storey, if the pool has been built a good distance from the rear of the house and if there is plenty of pool deck further away from the house then there will still be room to sunbathe etc. If you have found a villa you like and the pool is North facing then the best thing would be to ask the villa owner they will be the best people to know how the shade falls on their deck.
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Chatterbox
    We stayed in a North facing place in October and found it had a massive impact on how comfortable and useable the pool area was. Personally, I wouldn't risk it and go for a South facing pool only in the winter months. I know that size, position etc of the villa makes a difference, but there is so much choice, why risk it?

Our villa has a north facing garden and we have sun on the pool and deck all year around. Our villa is single storey as are the villas to the back of us - so no shadows from around plus we have a massive deck area.

Ask the owner

also the adjoining properties may make a difference?
    1 or 2 storey?
    Ian Dee
    the older I get, the better I was

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida...ental-818.aspx

I would agree with Carol and ask the owner as I think surrounding villas and location would be such a factor as already stated.

Val

Being south facing does not guarantee sun all day,and you only have to look at the photos of some villas which say 'south facing' to see some very shady pools. Even with a south facing pool you need to be careful not to choose one which is surrounded at the sides and to the rear by other villas, particularly 2 storey villas, as they will shade the pool. Of course a pool which has nothing at either side or to the rear is likely to be sunnier, as an open aspect helps, and this is true of any pool.

As has been said, ask the villa owner - they will know their pool best - you could, perhaps, ask for photos to show the pool in October.
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would ask the owner, we have a SW facing pool and the sun comes around to the pool deck around 10.00 am and sets on the back too
    Jan&Steve

Florida Chatterbox
    I would still go for a south facing pool, why risk it?

We rented a south facing pool, but with the fence and the neighbours' villa which was close, we had shade during the day. Of course it was in June and we're definitely not sun worshippers, so we couldn't care less (and had seen the pictures anyway, so no "cheating" on the owners' part). But I guess in the winter it would make a difference to someone who wants to sit in the sun, so I agree that having a south facing pool doesn't guarantee sun all day. I also agree that you should ask the owner, who should be more than happy to answer your doubts.