Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Budget

Florida Newbie

Budget

Hiya,

just wondering if anyone has used budget car hire recently? we usually go with dollar but budget seems to be less expensive at the minute.

i've read a few reviews on here & other sites & they dont seem to get many peoples votes.

not sure whether to take a chance or just stick with dollar.

Lynsey

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I've never used Budget I usually go with Alamo but have read several posts on this site were people use Budget and can't remember reading anything negative.
    Lyn

Used them a month ago and they where great. I used the pre-register option you can get from the car hire link above.

This lets you bypass the queue and go straight to the parking lot. Paper work was waiting all I had to do was sign and head for the car.

They were offering an upgrade for free, didn't even have to ask for it, it had already been done. Had a new car that had not even been hired before.

SUMMARY :- Click the link above, pre-register, life will be wonderful.[msnsmile2]

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have used Budget on quite a few occasions and never had any problems, we even got a free upgrade once
    Jan&Steve

We rented from Budget last summer and they were fine. We had a problem with the car and they delivered another one with no hassle (other than wait for the delivery for 1 hour). We also used Alamo on the same trip and they were great too.

We have used Budget a couple of times and they have been fine. Nearly new cars. We always pre-register to avoid the queues

Lynne
    Lynne

We used Budget in October and had no end of trouble with them. They caused us an awful lot of stress at the beginning of our holiday. We would never use them again.
    Wendy

I vist the US 3 or 4 times a year and generally opt for the cheapest quote through UScarhire on this site. I have found all of the hire companies are much the same. I prefer Alamo because you can pick your car from those availabe but wouldn't pay extra to go with Alamo if Budget or Dollar were working out cheaper.
    Jim

Florida Savvy
    Hi, just got back, picked up a great s.u.v. from m.c.o. We used Budgets fast lane, no problems at all.
    We had the car for a week, we drove to the keys for 3 days then returned the car to a very small and hard to find office on 17th street Fort lauderdale. After a great cruise, we returned to the Budget office were the problems began, this is a very small office in a plaza, they use the car park as there lot, with cars spread out all over the place.There was one assistant at the desk who was trying to do everything herself e.g. dealing with returns, allocations, answering the phone, also having to give directions to the location over the phone, anyway having waited for about half an hour we were allocated a Nissan x-trail, what a shed it was filthy and had only a quarter of a tank of fuel,we refused the car and then were given a Nissan murano with a full tank, i have never seen a car in such a bad condition there was oil and mud all over the cream interior, as we were only having the car until the following afternoon we took the car.
    On our return to M.C.O. we made our feelings known to the returns lady, she was sympathetic and said she would report the car and advised us to write to Budget. We are are still debating any further action. Use Budget again, probably not.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've had a couple of poor experiences using Budget. Maybe I've just been unlucky but I can't see me using them in the future.