Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wet n Wild or Damp N Boring

Florida Junior

Wet n Wild or Damp N Boring

We are off to Florida in March and have the Universal Flexi tickets, we have read loads of reviews and reports on Wet N Wild and spoke to other people, and they are very mixed some people say WNW looks like its just been put in a big car park and the rides look like they are being held up by large scaffold poles, some say its awesome and beats Aquatica and Blizzard Beach. Also on the subject of Aquatica it is as good as they say, again mixed reports some say the tubes where you go under the sea life is so quick that you don't even get chance to see some of the mammals. Can we have some feedback please [msnsmile2] thanks
    [bowwave] Jeanette & Mat

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    My sons view on Aquatica was that it was a complete rip off. What you have to take into account here is that he is autistic and in the adverts you go through a tube and the dolphons swim pass you. In real life the bit with the dolphons in is about 3 secs and in one of the tubes they can only possibly be one side of you. So if you are looking to interact with animals forget it.

You dont mention the age of people travelling with you. Wet n Wild has more rides than the others in my opinion and not as much room to relax.
    Christine

Wet N Wild, personally I do not like it. It probably has more 'thrill' rides than the other water parks but it is just a cage on the side of a main road, no theming at all.
    Loved aquatica, no you don't get to interact with animals but it is a lovely park. Very nice place to spend a day, could not get my daughter and friend out of the lazy rivers, one goes past large tropical fish tanks.
    I would put Typhoon Lagoon on par but it is larger. Wave pool is awesome.
    Blizzard fun but not as nice as aquatica and TL, much nicer than WnW and has some nice rides.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by netty68
    We are off to Florida in March and have the Universal Flexi tickets, we have read loads of reviews and reports on Wet N Wild and spoke to other people, and they are very mixed some people say WNW looks like its just been put in a big car park and the rides look like they are being held up by large scaffold poles, some say its awesome and beats Aquatica and Blizzard Beach. Also on the subject of Aquatica it is as good as they say, again mixed reports some say the tubes where you go under the sea life is so quick that you don't even get chance to see some of the mammals. Can we have some feedback please [msnsmile2] thanks
    [bowwave] Jeanette & Mat
    [/quote]

Hi
    Never been to WNW but have been to the other three waterparks. We went to Aquatica in October as we had it on our DC ticket and I had read some reviews that didn't rate it at all but we ended up going twice, it was really good especially the Roa Rapids (a not so lazy river). On the dolphin slide I had my eyes shut anyway! but there is a good viewing window underneath the ride where you can see the dolphins swimming around, they are really quite cute. I would say the same as Martin about it being on a par with TL. We had tears from our youngest when it was time to leave, we gave the kids the choice of TL, BB or Aquatica on our last full day and it was unanimous for Aquatica. Their ages range from 18 to 10.
    Hope this helps.[msncool]
    Wendy

HI Jeanette and Mat,

We loved Aquatica - previously our fav was Typhoon Lagoon, but we found Aquatica had better rides for a mix of ages(my children are were 8 and 14, now 9 and 15), and will definately go back.
    Dawn Murray

We enjoyed Aquatica when we went for the first time in August. I really enjoyed the not-so-lazy river which actually moves you along, and spent some time in it - the water was really warm, too. There is a new ride coming in March called Omaka Rocka, and it is supposed to be the only one of its type in the world.

There is a great kiddies area which really looked fun, and my older kids - 20's - liked the other rides. They did think the dolphin ride is disappointing as you could not possibly see the dolphins as you go through the tube far too quickly - though we did see some people who seemed able to slow themselves down in the tube where it goes through the dolphin pool. However, if you really want to see the dolphins you just need to wait to see them in the pool above this ride - it was fantastic to see them interacting with their trainers at feeding time.

Aquatica does not have the theming of Typhoon or Blizzard, and my favourite water park is still Typhoon Lagoon as it is so well landscaped and themed. We have visited WNW but not for some years, and although the rides are good it is a bit of a concrete jungle. I have to say I did not like it as there was not much for a wimp to do, and the concrete paths got SO hot it burnt your feet. There seemed to be little shade either, though this might have changed in recent years.

As you can see from this thread everybody has different views on the parks, but I would definitely go back to Aquatica again. We bought the 2 park ticket from the link on here, and we felt that it was very good value, so if you did buy that sort of ticket you can try Aquatica for very little more than just Seaworld - a win-win situation.

ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have visited Wet n wild for the past 6 years. Compared to the Disney and Aquatica water parks it does offer execellent value for money especially if you get the Orlando Flex ticket. The surroundings are not as nice as the two others i have mentioned but we have found it to be clean and has a good selection of rides for all ages. It can get busy especially through the summer months and public holidays and you are advised to get there early but this applies to all of the water parks.
    Aquatica is a really nice park and has good selection of rides for all ages, but its quite expensive for a day pass if you don't get it as part of a package. The rapids/lazy river are our favourites as they are so powerful.
    In my opinion all of the water parks in Orlando are great and each one is unique.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Just asked my 16 yea old son
    1] loves wet n wild for the rides
    2] loves BB for the rides
    3] Loves TL for the rides and scenery
    4] Likes Aquatica as it is new and different

Has no preference, and needs to 'do' them all next visit

HI

We have found in the past that Wet n Wild is good for a half day just for thrill water rides.
    We have yet to go to Aqautica but plan to do so In june

Looking forward to it.

Florida Savvy
    I've never been to wet n wild, but it looks awfully cramped with no space to lie out every time we drive past. Not sure if this is the case or just my perception of it.
    Karen