Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoking

Florida Savvy

Smoking

We have booked flights Newcastle to Gatwick then Gatwick Orlando
    Want to know if smoking is prohibited as soon as we leave Newcastle
    or does someone know different, I know terrible habit

On a plane? They are all no smoking. Get some patches..

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by maisy
    We have booked flights Newcastle to Gatwick then Gatwick Orlando
    Want to know if smoking is prohibited as soon as we leave Newcastle
    or does someone know different, I know terrible habit
    [/quote]

Airports, too! [msnwink]
    ellie

Florida Savvy
    yes i know i thought when we change planes you be able to exit airport sorry for being vague

Maisy, my friend Jeanette is a smoker and we travel Glasgow/ Gatwick then on to Orlando. We Always exit the airport at Gatwick and sit outside at the designated smoking area. When she has puffed enough we just go back in and through security to the departures. Depends how much time you have between flights as security takes ages, but from Glasgow we always have about 3 hours between flights. Same coming back, outside for a wee puff , then back inside to catch the Glasgow flight.

Maureen
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3215.aspx

A tip for any smokers out there - if you can get a flight via Detroit then you'll find a lovely Sports Bar which permits smoking inside the terminal. There are quite a few bars airside but just this one that allows smokers to indulge. NorthWest have Detroit as their hub, so if you fancy LHR-Detroit-Orlando then you don't have to go outside to smoke.[msnwink] You can also eat in there as well as get all types of drink.

In spite of what non-smokers might wish to think, this bar is the largest and is always packed with people and does a roaring trade, unlike the others in the airport!! The State of Michigan - catering for all of their guests all of the time and earning megabucks by doing so.[msnwink][msnsmile2]

Also Washington Airport has smoking "lounges" (which are really just large glass cubicles) although these tend to be very smokey inside, but when you need a puff, at least you can have one.[msnsmile2]
    Carla

Atlanta also has the glass panelled 'smoking lounges'. The smell coming from them when the door opens is just awful, but I suppose if you need a cigarette it must be life saver[msnwink]

Sandra

As Maureen says, when you arrive at Gatwick DO NOT go through security (time permitting). There are no smoking areas once you have gone into the departure lounge
    Shirley

Florida Expert
    Washington has a smoking room as well, no need to go outside.
    Rose

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2098.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Last year going through Atlanta we drank in a bar that had a smoking section. We sat in the Non-smoking section which was not so pleasant - as you can imagine the smoke travelled!