<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
We moved here almost 3 years ago and love it. Apart from the high cost of living I really can not find anything negative.

We have many friends here that were from the UK (and other countries). They all love it here, and any negative comments are really from those without a visa. They have status allowing them to live here, but if they leave they will not be allowed back in.

Those that we know on Green Cards would not go back (as long as they can afford to live here).
[/quote] thanks for your reply roger. i really don't know what to think as there are so many different opinions and i realise you can never get a true picture until you are actually living in your chosen destination. if we are accepted my husband WILL have a green card, however, he is an unskilled worker which may be a problem, due to salary. i am a professional singer and would earn on the evenings i worked. would you happen to have any knowledge of bars, restaurants, etc who put on live entertainment as you appear to have many friends from different countries. thanks for your time.