Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best age for kids to go to Disney for the first ti

Florida Newbie

Best age for kids to go to Disney for the first ti

Best age for kids to go to Disney for the first time
    We are looking at booking for October and my sister wants to go we us but some of her work friends keep telling her that her daughter is too young as she will only be 34 months old when we go

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I can see where your friends are coming from because in my opinion you need to be an adult to truly appreciate Disney/Florida-Having said that it is a magical place and kids of all ages will have a fantastic time.
    We have taken toddlers and they have had a great time particularly when meeting the characters.

We took all of our children when they were approximately 2 1/2 and they loved it, just remember to factor in down time, most lil 'uns get up early so make the most of the parks early in the day and then spend time by the pool later in the day. Thats what we did and it always worked for us. My lil 'uns are 18, 15 and 10 and they still love FL.
    Wendy

We took our niece when she was about 8 months old, she loved meeting the characters and bobbing around in the villa pool(at 15 months she was scared of them and then by 24 months totally in love with them again!) - I think age is irrelevant with Disney, there really is something for every age - desperately trying to persuade my Dad to come with us next year for his first trip he'll be 70+!
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's a wonderful magical place for children/adults of all ages. We took our son first when he was 2 1/2 and loved it and the things he liked then are not the things he loves now. It caters for all ages and that's the magic of Disney[msnsmile]
    Jan&Steve

It will be magical for you to watch her little face Of course you will not be able to take her on some of the height restricted rides, but there are plenty of adults and older kids who don't go on those anyway [msnwink]

If you don't have a lightweight pushchair, I would buy one at Wal Mart (some owners have them in their villas) to take to the parks, they are only a few dollars and are great to put all your water and drinks in when not being used by tired children. [msncool]
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think the key thing is she'll be old enough to enjoy plenty of things although she probably won't be old enough to remember much of it later. Your sister won't have to pay for tickets for Disney etc. for her as she will be under 3 so personally I'd say tell her to go.

We waited till our daughter was 10 because we thought it would be a once in a lifetime trip so wanted to be sure she would be able to enjoy and appreciate it, which she did but some of the rides were a bit young for her and when there we could see that she would have enjoyed it at a younger age as well.

October will be a better time weatherwise for her rather than say Aug as it would probably be so hot that it would be draining, although as shown i the lovely picture above there are ways to cool down as well.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    Millie was 13 Months when we first took her in 2004 and yes it was probably too young. She then went again aged 30 months and that was much better as she took a lot more in and that was when we got married in 2006. When we go in June she will nearly be 7 and Big H (Harvey) will be 3 1/2 which i think will be the ideal age for him.
    One of the reasons we took Millie so early was to get her used to the long haul flights, we did take her to Menorca earlier in 2004 to get her used to flying which seemed to do the job. Harvey has flown before and it didn't really bother him so although taking Millie at search an early age may have been pointless on the 'Taking things in stage', to get her used to flying long haul i think it was invaluable.
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey

Florida Expert
    i took maya when she was 4mths and she then went back when she was 1 and still remembers going to disney even though she was so young....
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Nice photo!

Where was that taken??

My kids will love those little fountains and things like that. Any other little things like that anywhere?? Never saw them last time.

Back to the topic, we went in October 2008 with children aged 10, 7, 5 and 4 months. It's safe to say that at 4 months there is no feedback from anything. My 5 year old absolutely loved it although did not go on many rides or 3D shows. 7 year old and 10 year old, perfect ages!!

We go again in 4 weeks and the then 4 month old is now 20 months old and she can say Minnie, Daisy and Goofy and loves them so i imagine she is going have the time of her life although not at the perfect age.

Garry Pullan