Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best age for kids to go to Disney for the first ti

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gpullan
    Nice photo!

Where was that taken??

My kids will love those little fountains and things like that. Any other little things like that anywhere?? Never saw them last time.

Back to the topic, we went in October 2008 with children aged 10, 7, 5 and 4 months. It's safe to say that at 4 months there is no feedback from anything. My 5 year old absolutely loved it although did not go on many rides or 3D shows. 7 year old and 10 year old, perfect ages!!

We go again in 4 weeks and the then 4 month old is now 20 months old and she can say Minnie, Daisy and Goofy and loves them so i imagine she is going have the time of her life although not at the perfect age.

[/quote]

I can't remember in truth but we've found them all over the show usually in a "quietish" corner-woody woodpecker in i think universal or ioa has a really good kiddies water park that is great for recharging your batteries in whilst the kids splash about

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    We took our twins when they were 11 months old,(they are 6 now). Did MNVSHP, thought they would be asleep
    No!!!! got that wrong they loved it[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    There was so much for them to do, We had been going for years before they were born.
    They have now been 9 times with the next trip booked for May[msnsmile2]
    All they ask is "When are we going again"
    As mentioned there is so much to do for all ages, so go for it.
    The look on little faces when meeting Mickey, Goofy etc is priceless[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    mike

It really depends on how often you think you will visit, if its a once in a life time trip then 34mnths is way too young. I would want my kids to remember their visit to WDW, but if like many of us your intending to visit often then age isnt an issue. Having said that, we waited untill our youngest would appreciate our once in a life time visit only to be bitten by the Florida bug and return many times. [msnsmile][msnsmile][msnsmile]

Dave

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    At least with under 3s you can put them in a stroller, my son was 5 when we first went and in his words far to big for a pushchair. He was fine all day loving every minute of the parks, but the minute we started walking back to the tram he was to tired to walk and needed carrying, very heavy, I think under 3s will have a great time.
    Lyn

We desperately want to take our grand daughter who will be 4 in March but our daughter thinks she is
    too young as she won't remember it. I have tried telling her that it won't be a once in a lifetime
    trip as we will take her many times in the future but she won't budge [msnsad] So anybody who has
    taken a 4 year old did they remember it?

Gold 5 Star Member
    I say definitely go! Disney offers a different experience for every age. We have been fortunate to be able to visit Disney many times throughout the years with our kids being at all different stages and it's been a unique experience for them every time. We made small book sized photo albums for each of them after every trip and put them on their book shelves - they would spend so much time paging through those - it was key in keeping the memories alive!

Pamela, must children remember things from about the age of 3, sometimes before this especially if they are show pictures. My son remembers things from about the age of 2 1/2, so a 4 year old would defiantly remember, especially if the trip is talked about. Anyway, the most important thing is she would enjoy it, which after all is what holidays are all about [msnsmile2]

We big kids went for our 1st trip aged 40 and 42 [msnscared]

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Hi Pamela

They would definatly remember it, ours do[msnsmile2] and they are now only six.
    Everytime we talk about Disney,
    Whether we are there or at home we get "do you remember when we went to?" or "do you remember when we did!"
    and "I can't wait to go back to ---- and go on ---- again" [msnwink]
    Last December as we went into Contempory Resort one of them even said as we got to the security barrier "we saw that man last year"
    Guess what? we did it was a chap called Don who came from Derby and we had a chat with him in May 2008[msnwink][msnwink]
    Its amazing what kids remember, most of the time, more than some adults
    mike

Best advice I can give is make sure you rent a villa and a car. It's honestly the only way to do it, particularly with a 3 year old. Staying in a hotel room on I-Drive could make it a trying time.
    Tonish