Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: virgin flight sale

Florida Junior

virgin flight sale

Hi, I know virgin and ba have sales on at present but virgin in particular only have dates to orlando up until June. Does anyone know if they have ANOTHER sale later on in the year when they include October. I am looking to spend about £400 per flight. In fact does anyone know of any airline doing flights for about £400 for the 18th of October to the 4th November ?

Or do I have to wait until summer for the better October deals.

Thanks, Andy

The problem with your dates are that they include half-term and so when Virgin reduce their prices later in the year they often don't offer discounts until nearer the end of October or the beginning of November. I suppose it all depends on how many seats they still have available.

Lynne
    Lynne

Florida Savvy
    Hi Andy

US Airways are showing a price of £402 for your dates flying Gatwick to Orlando via Charlotte. I think this is a sale so may not be available for long.

Not sure from your post whether you definitely want direct flights, but we have flown many times on flights with one stop as they are generally cheaper and personally we prefer to get off and stretch our legs. I get really fidgety on the last couple of hours of a 9+ hours BA or Virgin direct flight.

We have been happy with our US Airways flights which have always been through Philadelphia. Hubby tells me that Charlotte is a good option as it is smaller and you would therefore clear Customs quicker there, and be out of Orlando Airport much quicker than if you come in on a BA or Virgin flight and have to clear customs at Orlando.

Definitely an option worth considering.

Just checked Tampa and that's showing £345!

Sandra

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SandraBulmer
    Hi Andy

US Airways are showing a price of £402 for your dates flying Gatwick to Orlando via Charlotte. I think this is a sale so may not be available for long.

Not sure from your post whether you definitely want direct flights, but we have flown many times on flights with one stop as they are generally cheaper and personally we prefer to get off and stretch our legs. I get really fidgety on the last couple of hours of a 9+ hours BA or Virgin direct flight.

We have been happy with our US Airways flights which have always been through Philadelphia. Hubby tells me that Charlotte is a good option as it is smaller and you would therefore clear Customs quicker there, and be out of Orlando Airport much quicker than if you come in on a BA or Virgin flight and have to clear customs at Orlando.

Definitely an option worth considering.

Just checked Tampa and that's showing £345!

Sandra[/quote]I second the two-leg option, and I agree that Charlotte is a really easy airport to transit. Short hop from there to MCO too
    Keith

Another option that we always do is Heathrow/Washington/Orlando or Tampa with United, depends which UK airport you're closer to or prefer. We really like this route and so far it's always worked well for us.
    Caroline & Dave

I agree, Charlotte is a good option to change aircraft on an indirect flight. Tampa for £345 is a really good price. I think I may book it myself!!
    Jim

I personally prefer the non-stop route as I don't want to be getting to Orlando Airport at lunchtime. Having said that, We would happily fly to Tampa for £345
    Regards, Mark

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
    I personally prefer the non-stop route as I don't want to be getting to Orlando Airport at lunchtime. Having said that, We would happily fly to Tampa for £345
    [/quote]

Although it'll only work flying home to London, there are options to return with a connection leaving Orlando in the evening but of course you do arrive home mid-morning.

My favourite option these days is to fly from Florida to either Chicago, New York or Boston, have night out and a meal and then take a day flight home to Heathrow.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
    [/quote]

Mark do you mean you don't want to fly home at lunchtime? We always leave Orlando just after 7pm arrive in Washington at about 9pm and then get the 10pm flight back to London which gets us in about 9am
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline

Mark do you mean you don't want to fly home at lunchtime? We always leave Orlando just after 7pm arrive in Washington at about 9pm and then get the 10pm flight back to London which gets us in about 9am
    [/quote]

Is that 10 pm flight actually scheduled to arrive in London at 9.00am Caroline? That's a flight time of just 6 hours which might be achievable in exceptional circumstances but I can't see it happening regularly.