Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Easter holidays - advice requested!

Easter Sunday and Christmas Day are the two days of the year that the Magic Kingdom can reach it's guest limit and then they stop people going in.

We were there one Christmas day when this happened. The crowds inside were really bad everyone was packed in. I would stay home and watch the parade on TV or go to one of the other parks that are slightly less busy.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Florida Newbie
    Thanks Dave, makes sense - my vote would be to go early to Animal Kingdom, spend the morning there and then spend the afternoon relaxing at the villa (or maybe go to a water park).[msnsmile]
    Roland

Gold 5 Star Member
    Roland
    Most people find it takes a couple of days (especially for children) to get into the time zone so often find that everybody is up at aroud 4 or 5 (depending on your travel arrival time of course) so you may find they have plenty of energy first thing and then flag quite early. I would say just with how everyone is feeling. The only thing I would suggest is to see if you can arrange for a grocery pack in case the shops arent open on Sunday. Im sure there will be some but as its your first time then it might make it more stressful if you are trying to find somewhere. Youll always find somewhere to eat but its snacks etc for indoors you may need.
    Babblin Boo

First Day, Sea World
    2nd Day, rest
    3rd day,Animal Kingdom, and water park
    4th day, rest
    5th Day Magic Kingdom
    6th day rest
    7th day Hollywood Studios [Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are different parks btw]
    8th day, water park
    9th Day Epcot
    10th day rest
    11th day shopping, florida Mall and Outlets
    12th day water park
    13th day rest
    14th go home
    Hope this helps- I put them in that order to wean you in gently................ have a great holiday!

Florida Newbie
    Thanks Susan, that looks like a pretty good programme - I suspect we'll end up with something close to that[msnsmile].

The tip about a grocery pack is helpful also - not sure whether any shops (e.g. supermarkets) would be open on Easter Sunday? I had been thinking about a quick trip on Saturday evening, but tiredness and unpacking/exploring may get in the way!
    Roland

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rolmill
    Thanks Susan, that looks like a pretty good programme - I suspect we'll end up with something close to that[msnsmile].

The tip about a grocery pack is helpful also - not sure whether any shops (e.g. supermarkets) would be open on Easter Sunday? I had been thinking about a quick trip on Saturday evening, but tiredness and unpacking/exploring may get in the way!
    [/quote]

The other reason I suggested it is in case your flight is delayed on the Saturday and you dont arrive in time to get some food in.
    Babblin Boo

If you go on the Walmart website you can locate the 24/7 store closest to your villa. Then you can place a quick phone call to see if they're open on Easter sunday. The one on Vineland Rd is (407) 397-1125 . As previously said, you'll be up very (very) early in the morning, and can very well decide to go and do some quick grocery shopping at 5 am. Of course it works for other stores too, if you don't like Walmart [msnwink]. You'll also be able to get some basic stuuf from gas stations or better at 7/11 on your way from the airport to the villa (milk, bread, juice, beer [msnwink]....).
    Or... you could eat out that day: Golden Corral for breakfast, great with kids as it is a buffet. Then play it by ear as you'll be on a different time zone.
    We also found it easy to go to a park the first day (Seaworld actually!): we were up very early and very excited, and were there even before it opened[msnwink]. We had a great morning and started to feel very tired around lunch time, so went back to the villa, grabbed something to eat on our way (KFC I think) and spent the afternoon relaxing by the pool. Then we went out for dinner.
    The great thing about renting a villa is that you'll actually be able to rest if you come back in the afternoon (hotels can be noisy during the day) and charge your batteries for the evening, specially the first few days, when your body clock is upset.

Florida Newbie
    ...and still the helpful information and advice pours in - I'm glad I found this site[msnsmile].

Thanks all!
    Roland

Incidentally all Walmarts are open every day of the year, 24/7, I am pretty sure.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Susan J
    Incidentally all Walmarts are open every day of the year, 24/7, I am pretty sure.[/quote]I think you'll find that they close on Christmas Eve in the evening and reopen on 26 December as does almost everything else. At least they have done when we've been there.

Not sure about Easter, sorry.
    blott