Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas dinner !!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would definitely take the Bisto and Paxo with you rather than pay inflated prices in the British section of the supermarket.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    When we stayed at christmas we took the paxo with us and it was lovely cooking it in the villa
    Jan&Steve

If anyone wants to buy Birthday cakes which can be made to order or other things there is a British Bakery in Osceola Sqoaure Mall .
    There web site is ...freshbakeryco.com.and you will see what they make Francis or Adam will help you .
    Adam has worked in London Dorchester and other big ones in UK
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks to everyone for all your replies, I knew I could count on you[msnsmile2] I will have to be ultra organised for this trip won't I?[msnsmile2][msnwink]
    Margaret

Florida Chatterbox
    You can get all the stuff needed for xmas dinner, xmas 2009 is the only xmas we have not been in orlando, and what a regret for me personally and never again will i be here for xmas again. From our second xmas in orlando we have always cooked the family dinner at home and what a great treat, as once you have your food, you have the pool to relax. Walmart you will find alot of what is needed. Have a great time, as we will be there also xmas 2010.

We were in Florida last Christmas and we got everything we needed at Publix, except for the Paxo Stuffing, however we decided to try the local stuffing and the family all loved it, said it was much better than Paxo and insisted that we bring some back home with us.

Agree about the British Bakery at the Osceola Square Mall, their bread and sausage rolls are terrific.

Andrena

The british bakery in Osceola Square Mall has now ceased trading. They are looking to open outside of the state.[msnsad]

Mel
    Mel - Hertfordshire

Super Moderator
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mfairhurst
    You cannot take food into USA if your read custom card when you filling it in on the palne it tells you no food also they may ask you when you go out of the airport are you carrying any food in your luggage or hand luggage and they can fine you if you are caught bringing it in so be careful
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx
    [/quote]

You can take in Christmas puddings, cakes and mince pies provided they are made without beef suet. When our sons were at university in the States they did not come home for Christmas and we went out to Florida to meet up. They both wanted our standard Christmas fare. I got in touch with the correct department sent them my recipes and got a reply back clearing me to take them in provided they did not contain beef suet and were for our consumption.

Super Moderator
    No one has mentioned Christmas crackers - these are hard to find in Florida. We flew BA as they do allow you take take a box unopened in the hold luggage

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    As far as I am aware Paxo contains wheatflour and I don't think you can take that in.
    Lyn