Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Snow in Florida

Florida Chatterbox

Snow in Florida

Many of you who are not in Florida for xmas will know those of us who are here are having some really unusual weather with the highs of around only 55 degrees being normal.
    Well this will make a few of you laugh as we have just seen a few flakes of Snow in Davenport LOL , also heard on Baynews 9 that they may declare a state of emergency if gets any colder [msneek]

I believe Florida has been in a State of Emergency for the last few days according to some of the reports? We are in Davenport but missed any flakes[msncry][msncry]

Sandra

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    Our MC have just gone out and bought fires for our guests in at the moment as the children could not get warm in the night.
    Walmart were sold out and Lowes only had six left. It seems to be getting cold everywhere.

Keep warm everyone.
    Mary

Gold 5 Star Member
    I am so glad I put off going to FL this month...we have had cold weather here for months now..not sure its go above -2 forever...its the first time snow has stayed on the ground so long since I move here

We are putting in new heaters in FL...they are made in the US and cost only $20 a month to run 24/7 they are great for FL where its cold for just a few days at a time but only for the smaller rooms...we have then in MA and its near enough our only heating..

The end is in sight with temperatures reaching 70 next Friday[msncry]

We have not got extra heating in our villa but we have not felt cold during the night in a cozy bed, in fact I turn the heating down to 58 each night as we were getting too warm with it set at 64.

Did buy a fleece lined anorak yesterday reduced from $80 to $17 and then got 15% off that so it's not all doom and gloom[msncool] There is always something do do despite the weather. May go to Mount Dora today for a drive.

Gold 5 Star Member
    love Mount Dora. My daughter got married there-in the fairytale house opposite the lake- the one with the turrets.

Called Heron Cay now but was Darst Victorian Manor then.

So pleased the temps are going up-as long as they stay up for our visit in March!
    Orlandobabe