Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freezing Cold

Florida Expert

Freezing Cold

And i just checked the Weather for Florida to cheer me up a bit and see it's forecast for snow in central florida with overnight temperatures expected to be as low as -4C in places

What's going on!!!!????

It really is most unusual. Not the temperature so much, as that happens at this time of year, but the length of time it has stayed cool for.
    But then I never expected one lot of deep snow in West Sussex, let alone two.... bring back global warming [msnwink]
    Shirley

Actually global warming means the Gulf Stream gets cooler (all this ice melting up North). It's the Gulf Stream that's keeping us in a moderate climate. It's been calculated that if the Gulf Stream's temperature goes down 3°C we'll be living a new Ice Age. Let's hope it's just another one of those theories .[msnscared]
    BTW, we're having snow in Bordeaux too, along with frost and sub-zero temperatures... brrrrrrr.
    We should be going back to Fla next fall, and right now it sounds really good [8D]

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
    And i just checked the Weather for Florida to cheer me up a bit and see it's forecast for snow in central florida with overnight temperatures expected to be as low as -4C in places

What's going on!!!!????
    [/quote]

Pretty sure its global warming
    mike

Not sure where i'd rather be. At least home here i've got lots of warm jumpers to put on.
    Elaine

Florida Expert
    Good point Elaine.[msnsmile2]

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Just added gloves and a scarf to my list for packing[msnsad]
    Lyn

Anyone coming out to Orlando in the next few days, I suggest you pack a warm jacket, hat and gloves. Although the sun is shining brightly the wind is bitterly cold. As long as you are warmly wrapped up you will be fine [msnsmile2]

Winter jackets,hats and gloves usually plenty in the sales at this time of the year are hard to find at the moment.
    Barbara

Barbara is right, there is not the normal choice for cold weather items. I was lucky on Friday and picked up a fleece lined waterproof jacket with hood (yes, we are in Florida[msnwink]) which had been reduced from $80 to $29.99 to $17!!! There were only 2 left so I quickly took mine to the till and got another 15% off. Bargain or what[clap]

Hoping I only need it next week as weather is due to warm up by Friday[msncool]

Sandra

Wow that was a bargain at least you can take it home and you mkay need it in June or july in UK as it was cold last summer .
    We left fleeces in our lock off and have needed them this week it is 27 f in our lania this morning so Brrrrr it is the coldest we have had here for years but still it is sunny .[msnsmile2]
    We went to Macys yesterday and I got a few things in the sale and got a extra 11 % as so they were a real bargain .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx