Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St Augustine

Florida Junior

St Augustine

Hi,

Happy New Year.

We are heading to Florida in April and after a couple of nights in Orlando we plan to head to St Augustine for a couple of nights. Can anyone recommend where we should be looking to stay? We want to be able to walk out in the evening for our meal and drinks rather than take the car.

Any tips and advice would be much appreciated.

Hazel

Hi Hazel

When we went a few years ago we stayed at the Carriage Way Bed & Breakfast, a recommendation from the Visitor Center. It was excellent and would definitely go again. It was very central so we didn't use the car at all. Friends of ours stayed there after our recommendation and thoroughly enjoyed it as well. It is family run and had lots of extra touches. (Larry's cookies in the afternoon were not to be missed!) Carriage Way Bed & Breakfast, 70 Cuna Street, FL 32084
    (904) 829-2467 [website link edited]
    Hope to go back sometime soon.
    Sandra

Me again!! Sorry, typo on last message. Should be [website link edited]
    Sandra

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hazelk
    Hi,

Happy New Year.

We are heading to Florida in April and after a couple of nights in Orlando we plan to head to St Augustine for a couple of nights. Can anyone recommend where we should be looking to stay? We want to be able to walk out in the evening for our meal and drinks rather than take the car.

Any tips and advice would be much appreciated.[/quote]We stayed at the Penny Farthing Inn. Centrally located and owned/run by a couple from Yorkshire. Would definitely reccommend it.

[website link edited]

We stayed at St Francis Inn www.stfrancisinn.com after recommendation from this site. You could walk everywhere, but the trolly bus goes past the end of the road. We didn't use our car at all
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member
    St Augustine is a wonderful place to visit, we stayed right on the beach and drove into the city. There are lots of very nice hotels and B & B's in the city to choose from.
    If we didn't have any children with us this is the hotel I would have like to stay at and it's right in the centre of St Augustine. http://www.casamonica.com/

Have a great time [msnsmile2]
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

We stayed at the Casa Monica last year for a couple of nights, if you stay mid-week and book a couple of weeks in advance you get better rates - they are very popular at the weekend for weddings. Fabulous hotel.
    Fiona

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Just a word-don't be misled by the term bed and Breakfast-it's not like Blackpool-The one we stayed at had an enormous shower and Whirlppol double bath in the room-from what I can gather most offer a complimentary afternoon snack-ours was wine,beer,cakes etc. We loved it-Try and get to see the lighthouse just outside St Augustine-my wife walked to the top and the views are amazing-at the bottom there is a small museum which celebrates the US Coastguard which sounds boring but was really interesting-the beaches are amazing as well-I'll stop now otherwise I'll talk myself into going back......

just out of curiosity, how long does it take to drive from kissimee to St Augustine? Wasn't sure how far it is
    pam & jeanette

We loved the lighthouse too. The trolly bus goes there too if you really want to be car free. We drove and found a nice bar for lunch on the beach road, then wandered down to watch the surfers

Shirley