Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel Cot / Moses Basket

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    You can order from Walmart for "ship to store" but you need to pay with paypal as they only take US credit cards.
    Lyn

Here's a selection of pack n plays from Walmarthttp://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=pac k+n+play&Find.x=21&Find.y=11&Find=Find
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Expert
    or try the burlington coat factory good prices sale on at moment too.
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Personally I wouldn't want the additional pressure of having to dash out to buy a bed for the baby immediately after arriving.
    What if the flight is delayed and you arrive very late at night? You'll all be tired and the last thing you'll feel like doing is dashing out to buy a cot.

Why not hire a standard cot for the older child? That way it will be there at the villa when you arrive.
    No hassle - both babies can go straight to bed.

Your villa owner will be able to organise this for you.

In fact it would be worth asking the owner if they can help with this - as they may have a neighbour who would have a spare cot you could borrow. Certainly, our villa neighbours are such good friends of ours that we would help each other out in this way.

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for all the info guys.

I have just bought a Mamas & Papas one from EBay for £22. It is a pop up type so when down is in a very small carry bag.

To rent one from the MC in Florida it was $5 per day so more expensive.

We really needed a moses basket type as he is only 6 weeks old so too small for a cot / playpen type.

I agree that trying to get one on the day of arrival would be stressful and mean we would have to find a Walmart whereas we plan on using the Publix right at the side of Highlands Reserve.

Thanks again, 5 weeks today and we'll be using it!!

Garry Pullan

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewandcarole
    Personally I wouldn't want the additional pressure of having to dash out to buy a bed for the baby immediately after arriving.
    What if the flight is delayed and you arrive very late at night? You'll all be tired and the last thing you'll feel like doing is dashing out to buy a cot.[/quote]

This made me laugh! A couple of years ago we stayed in Florida (not at our villa) and when we arrived at the complex we had to wait to get into our apartment. Eventually we got in, only to find that the cot we had pre-booked was not there. So we phoned housekeeping to be told "one will be sent to you". We waited and waited but nothing arrived. Our youngest was only six months old and bed time came and went with no cot. Danny had gone out to Publix to stock up and the other 3 children had all wilted and headed off to bed. So, in the absence of anything better, our baby spent her very first night on American soil in........one of our cases!! Danny nearly had a fit when he arrived back from the supermarket to find her fast asleep in a black Antler suitcase (I'd left the top open, needless to say). She had a very pleasant night's sleep and the cot duly arrived the following morning![msnsmile2]
    Alison and Danny

Gold 5 Star Member
    Alison
    I was going to suggest improvisation but thought I'd get shot down. Taking the mattress from the moses basket at home and putting it in the case it could easily be used in a suit case on arrival or even a drawer taken out of the dresser which is exactly what happened in days gone by. As the baby is only going to ba few weeks old there isnt the risk of climbing, falling or rolling and saves buying extra equipment for a couple of weeks.
    Babblin Boo

I remember in my early days as a community midwife, one of my young mums changed her mind about adoption at the last minute and her baby spent his early days very comfortably and very safely in a laundry basket!!

I'm all for improvisation if necessasry!

Liz

Now I'm laughing too! I thought about suggesting the laundry basket but thought I'd be frowned upon. But it worked for us when I had to find an emergency solution in the middle of the night...For some reason I was changing the baby's diaper in the cot and he decided a little (well...) poop was necessary. Those of you who nursed their baby will easily visualize the disaster...[msnwink] I then remembered my mother told me she would carry us around the farm tending to her chores in a laundry basket when she didn't want to leave us in the house.