Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Christmas in orlando

Florida Junior

Christmas in orlando

Hi all,

need a little advice, have been Florida for the last 3 years and really want to spend christmas there. have found a resonably priced deal from the 14th-30th dec 2010 just wanted to ask a few questions.
    how busy are the parks?, how warm is it? how much sunshine each day? what are the must do's at christmas? and is it really worth going at christmas? would appreciate any advice from people who have spent xmas there. thanks all [msnsmile2]

Florida Chatterbox
    just follow a post by me, there are plenty of stuff there on xmas, http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_53097.asp

There's also a post in the weather topic (the most recent one I think) that warns people not to place their expectations too high on the weather (although everybody seems to agree that it's still better than what you're getting these days in the UK [msnscared]).

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lafifille
    There's also a post in the weather topic (the most recent one I think) that warns people not to place their expectations too high on the weather (although everybody seems to agree that it's still better than what you're getting these days in the UK [msnscared]).
    [/quote]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:how warm is it?[/quote]
    at least 25 degrees c above what it is now[msneek]

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have been at christmas and have found the weather hit and miss but we have had a fantastic time. If the weather is a little cold, we have put on coats and the parks are less busy so we haven't spent time queuing and there's all the decorations and usual build up. We love it there at Christmas, so much to see and do. It's worth going just to see the decorations on celebration
    Jan&Steve

Florida Chatterbox
    We spent this Xmas at home and all agreed whether cool or warm we;d rather be in Florida. For me it isnt just about sunbathing or swimming, just being away from the grind and the dark days here. You can get up and go out for the day or sit and read whereas I find at home Im continually clearing up after everyone. As we all enjoy fishing we often go to the coast for a break and the lovely beaches in south west Florida really make my holiday, rain or shine. we used to eat out a lot but tend to do so every other night or when we really fancy something like ribs rather than for the sake of it.

We had a rather disappointing and expensive meal Xmas day 2008 at the Celebration Hotel but enjoyed NYear's Eve 2008 at Celebration - not so manic as the parks, safe atmosphere and great fireworks display, it was enough for us and we were home within half an hour max unlike queuing from the car parks at the attractions. It was chilly and would take chairs next time and make a reservation to eat in one of the restaurants rather than street vendor food though that was adequate. Just seeing my in=laws faces when we did the parks and all Florida has to offer made me want to return with them, and Xmas is the ideal time as the heat is too much during the school hols.