Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Weather in Orlando

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's no different to booking a fortnight in Tenerife and spending 2 weeks in the rain when you have expected sunshine. The one factor we can never control is the weather which is why we provide plenty to do for our guests even if they dont want to leave the house. We deliberately have carpets for the reason you say Frosty. I get cold feet very quickly on tiles. We have never found ourselves cold yet though indoors. The electric bill gets a bit higher but then it does at home too.

Even if it goes down to the predicted 26 at night for some days it's still going to be over 20 degrees higher than here.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty
    I'm here now and it is really cold.

Just one point, FL homes are not really designed to be warm in cold weather.

Tiled floors, high ceilings and heat from an AC unit are not going to make it cosy, believe me i know![/quote]Whenever we've used our air con heating it's warmed the house up just fine. You need to remember to adjust your ceiling fans so that they blow the hot air downwards instead of sucking it upwards.
    blott

We have just had coffee on our south facing deck. The sun is out, the sky is blue. Yes, it is cold but if you find the right sheltered spot, it is very pleasant. Having battled with the rain and snow during December back in the UK, this gets the heads up from me as the place I would rather be.

I do agree that for guests who have saved like mad to come on their 'once in a lifetime' trip, the weather could be disappointing for them but there is so much to do that hopefully it will not spoil their vacation.

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    I find my FL home cold and the coldest its ever been inside is 65...my MA home can go down to 49 inside some of our rooms and it feels warmer just because of its lay out of smaller rooms..I have a fireplace in FL now.. Electric but that does the trick..the flame from that fools you into feeling warmer..

I love the cool weather in FL I get to wear my fur boots and a t-shirt....
    I can't understand why I feel colder inside in FL than here..maybe because the temp stays -10 for days on end in MA..where in FL it goes up and down all day so you don't get used to it..I don't really feel the cold outside I don't even own a winter coat and we have been at -5 to 10 for weeks now..

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Father
    I think it would be depressing looking at today's forecast and seeing that you are not going to get any good weather (this is it)[/quote]
    We're due to fly out on Wednesday for two and a half weeks. Having worked all over Christmas and New Year, and currently experiencing snow and -15C, today's weather forecast in Orlando is definitely not depressing me
    Keith

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sniff
    We're due to fly out on Wednesday for two and a half weeks. Having worked all over Christmas and New Year, and currently experiencing snow and -15C, today's weather forecast in Orlando is definitely not depressing me
    [/quote]

Hope you have a simply wonderful time - by the sound of it, nothing is going to stop you doing just that![msncool]
    ellie

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:What do you do in Orlando when it is cold?[/quote]We would have a top time no matter what the weather is like.

[high5]

We are in St Petes beach and it is in the 50f and not a cloud in the sky and wow the view from our windows ,We have someone in our villa so they are enjoying our villa .
    Going for a walk on the beach as there are plenty of people and joggers as well .
    I know were we like to be ( in FLORIDA not UK BRRRRR ) sounds cold there with the reports above .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sniff
    [/quote]

Hope you have a simply wonderful time - by the sound of it, nothing is going to stop you doing just that![msncool]
    [/quote]
    Thanks Ellie...I will!
    Keith

Must be something wrong with the heater. The heaters in Florida homes are over powering.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty
    I'm here now and it is really cold.

Just one point, FL homes are not really designed to be warm in cold weather.

Tiled floors, high ceilings and heat from an AC unit are not going to make it cosy, believe me i know!
    [/quote]