Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Terrible Weather in Orlando

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    Its not so much the heaters its just the space...it feels colder in bigger rooms even if its not..white walls and tiles don't help...along with high ceilings..its all done to be cooler because for the most part FL is warm..
    We have had a few large FL type homes built on the Cape...they don't sell because they are costly to heat..I could never live in my MA home in FL...it would be like living in an oven come summer time..
    [/quote]Hi Chrissy,
    As usual the level response i would expect!
    My heater has never been overpowering![msnsmile2][/quote]To be honest I'd worry if the heat coming out was that hot when my neigbours did that her house went up in flames....its background heat..my Villa does not take long for the temp to rise when the heating is on..but it never feels cozy warm unless I turn on the living room fire..hot air heating is wasteful and not that good ..

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't think the weather matters as long as its not cold rain...I love FL in the cool weather and we do a lot more..you do need to make sure you have thick blankets..my bedroom is freezing at night..keep your feet and hands warm around the parks..take a light coat everywhere..even if the day looks warm riding the tram from the car park to the parks can be very cold..its not a lot of difference than it being to hot really...the rides are warm...the shops and places to eat are too..I think its really fun...

But if you are going for warmer weather or on a once in a life time break I would give this time of year a miss..

Well I am basing this on the 80 homes we used to manage. Gas heaters are very over powering and can heat home incredibly quickly. Electric heaters are over powering if the emergency heat or rapid setting is used. Heaters in Florida are designed for quick instant heat, simply because they are rarely required and cold spells are usually quick and brief.
    The houses heat extremely quickly, is all I am saying. Sorry if the reply was not worded how you want, I don't do mind reading!!!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Hi Chrissy,
    As usual the level response i would expect!
    My heater has never been overpowering![msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    My niece just dropped in, they were headed for Lake Louisa and stopped when they saw it. She mentioned the buggy ride but I'm not actually sure if she said they went on that or not. She said the bags were really good as they have a map of where each of the fruits are and you could try different ones. He told them when filled the bag would be around $10 but it came to $7 and amongst others they had grapefruit, key limes, oranges, and others but forget which.
    Babblin Boo

The Showcase of Citrus can actually be visited without buying anything, if you just want to wander up and down the avenues of trees, and that is fascinating for children who have only seen oranges and lemons in the supermarket. You can pick your own fruit if you want to, as its not an 'attraction' as such, just a bit like our Pick Your Own farms in the UK. The difference is that it is a bit of a novelty to see citrus fruit growing naturally. We picked some oranges to take back to squeeze for fresh orange juice - lovely!

You do have to pre-book for the tour though, and that looks fun.

Hope you have a great time next time with good weather, 'Father.' Looks like you will enjoy it whatever the weather. [msncool]
    ellie

We just returned from Animal Kingdom. Well the cold weather has certainly not kept everyone indoors. It was very busy with families all wrapped up and plenty of fleecy blankets draped around people. It was sort of strange seeing all the hats, coats and scarves but we had a great few hours and again sat in lovely warm sunshine for our lunch. It was just riding the tram to the gate from the car that it felt really chilly and you did need something round your ears. It certainly did not appear that people were not enjoying themselves and we were quite surprised with the numbers.[msncool]

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    We were there for the last cold snap 10 years ago and they were even more unprepared for it then. Even Walmart didnt have hats, gloves or scarves for sale nor Disney so everyone was improvising. You could tell who had flown with Virgin from the multitude of coloured towelling socks that were being used as gloves, it added somehow to the New Year camraderie.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    On our first trip last 2 weeks of Jan 97 we had to spend a day shopping as I'd brought mainly spring clothes to wear.
    The following year we returned for the first two weeks in Jan and I packed the same clothes I'd bought. The weather was totally different and I was able to wear shorts even for the late night parades.
    Eight years ago we went again for New Years and we were surprised to find that the car windscreen frosted overnight. I walked around Disney wearing a Mickey Mouse bobble hat, scarf and matching gloves.