Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Never Again

Gold 5 Star Member
    We alternate - Christmas in the UK one year then Florida the next. This year is Florida and we have all had a ball. It has been cooler here than previous years, but when the sun shines, whatever the temperature, Florida is definitely the place to be.
    Lesley

We had Christmas here this year never again ! Really missed our Florida Christmas so have made sure we have booked the villa for ourselves next year [msnsad]

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    We are in Orlando now[msnsmile2] Just spent day by pool relaxing. Over 70deg
    Christmas day dinner at Fultons, very good, New years eve at Epcot for fireworks fantastic.
    You can keep the cold, wet, snow, slush or whatever back in Northwest, UK.
    We have kept in touch with family back home, they wish they were here with us[msnwink][msnwink]
    mike

Hey guys, Me, my hubby and 3 kids had our first holiday to Florida in October 09 and it was the best holiday ever! I will never forget my kids face's the first time we went to Magic Kingdom. My youngest daughter is 6 and was called Princess by all the staff in Magic Kingdom and she loved this! We went to Mickey's NSSHP for my son's 9th birthday and OMG, was just out of this world! We have so many memories from this one holiday.

My kids enjoyed it so much so, they have been pestering since we got home for us to book up and go back this year. I am tempted to go for 2 weeks Xmas 2010, but before I do anything, I was wondering if anyone could let me know what the parks and Florida in general is like this time of year - and if anyone has advice on villa rentals for this time of year? My kids are excited at the prospect of going to Disney @ Xmas so any info would be great, thanks [msnsmile2]

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    We have just returned this morning, having been there for Christmas and New Years Eve.

Had a fantastic time[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]. Villa superb[clap][clap] Parks manic[msnsad]but only to be expected this time of year.

Worth it though for fireworks parades and Osbourne lights "ICE" etc etc [clap][clap]
    We usually go about end April early May for quiter time and Flower & Garden at Epcot, but have done Christmas 5 times and Halloween 3 times.

If you select your days you can still do what you want at parks and get some time to relax by pool[beer][msnwink]
    mike

Florida Expert
    We just returned from Florida yesterday and I wish I had added another week to stay away from the freezing weather in the UK. Although it was not sunbathing weather over there, at least you could still wear shorts and t shirts on most days. Although sometimes at night it was very cold. However, on return we had to dig the cars out of the drive with snow nearly up to our knees. Brrrrrrrrr. Having not been in Florida for xmas since 2003, it looks like we may return this xmas - for the fantastic sales if nothing else. [msnwink]

Florida Chatterbox
    We are currently still in Florida having been here since the 21st Dec and we are thinking the exact opposite from most of you,

we have been coming here for 17 years and own our own villa and have spent 12 xmases here but this is the worst we have ever had.
    apart for the terrible weather we are having with the highs of around only 55 degrees we are finding there is just not the usual magic you usually find in Florida, the atmosphere is very different this year, yes the parks are still heaving and the shops are still bursting before xmas day but we have found a lot of the smiles have gone as well as many of the shops in the malls. Lakeland was almost like a ghost town when we went the other day,and
    there are hardly any British here at all. One thing we are glad about is we booked a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas from 24th to 27th Dec as we know xmas day here in Florida can be a bit of a let down having had many bad experiences in restaurants on xmas day, the only thing was when we landed in the Bahamas oon Xmas day we were met by the local police who said it was a waste of time going into town because it was SHUT lol, aparently the Bahamas close everything on xmas day.

At the moment we are in the villa, having just been to Busch gardens today and it was really weird, not only did we have to wear heavy jackets hats and gloves but at 2pm today we were told that as there were only 200 guests in the park and the weather was so cold that most of the animals were being taken inside and a few of the rides were closed because of the impending SNOW , yes I did say snow.
    so for us our next time here will probably be in Nov as its just not the same in Florida at xmas any more [msnsad]

I suppose it depends on what you want from Christmas. We go to Florida to get away from all the usual Christmas stress
    here in the UK. We have had good and bad weather over the years but would still rather be there whatever it is like.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We used to Christmas in FL while living in the UK..but now I like to be in MA to see if we get snow or not..we have had real Christmas snow this year..and yesterday it was like living in a Christmas card..we don't get problems with the roads here unless we have about 6 ft or more ...and most of the problems then are where to put the snow..it has to get off the Cape in trucks which can take a time..we have been snowed in for 3 days....but that is rare..

I don't think it felt very Christmas this year even with a house full of kids..Thinking about going up the country next year and doing sled rides to get that feeling back...

Florida Chatterbox
    I think it is about what you are looking for, i prefer xmas in florida as i want to get away from the rush and stress in the uk. On xmas day i dont go to any restaurant or parks, I spend the day in the villa with family and friends and still try to cook my xmas dinner, go to walmart for turkey and all my trimmings, but xmas day is spent in villa and a deep in pool, make it a good party.