Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BA strike

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    Whatever our views on the merits of the BA strike, the court decision is a disgrace.

It has overturned the clear will of the Union members on a technicality.

BA refused to give Unite a list of those leaving the company.

Even if every ineligble vote was disregarded there would still be an overwhelming majority in favour of strike action.

The law is an ass![/quote]Indeed. Whatever the rights and wrongs, taking your employees to court to challenge what is very clearly their right to decide their response to the issue doesn't seem to be a recipe for ensuring future goodwill. I suspect we haven't heard the last of this strike and I'd expect the resolve of the staff to be reinforced by this decision.

Florida Savvy
    Well, have only just caught up with all that has been going on. Unfortunately it's academic for us, as my father-in-law was rushed into hospital just after my original post so we have had to cancel our xmas trip.

I have to give credit to BA customer relations who have been tremendously helpful. They were willing to change our flights for no charge because we were travelling (back) in the strike period. However, as F-I-L is still in intensive care and we do not know what the future holds, we cannot commit to making another booking at this stage. So we will have to go down route of seeking refunds via travel insurance (BA do, however, refund the taxes and other charges).

Insurance company seem OK so far, so fingers crossed we get it all sorted. I may be back asking for some more advice!

Sandra

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I never said they didn't [msnwink].

The villa owner obviously has to be comfortbale with who is staying in their villa and the guest has to be comfortable with whoever they are renting from.

Us 'mere' villa owners get to choose too [msnwink].

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Father
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    That would be absolutely fine - that's what the Delete key on the villa owner's keyboard was made for [msnwink].[/quote]Of course delete buttons are not only on villa owners' keyboards, mere renters have them as well [msnwink].
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SandraBulmer
    Well, have only just caught up with all that has been going on. Unfortunately it's academic for us, as my father-in-law was rushed into hospital just after my original post so we have had to cancel our xmas trip.

I have to give credit to BA customer relations who have been tremendously helpful. They were willing to change our flights for no charge because we were travelling (back) in the strike period. However, as F-I-L is still in intensive care and we do not know what the future holds, we cannot commit to making another booking at this stage. So we will have to go down route of seeking refunds via travel insurance (BA do, however, refund the taxes and other charges).

Insurance company seem OK so far, so fingers crossed we get it all sorted. I may be back asking for some more advice!

Sandra
    [/quote]

Sorry to hear that..all my good wishes for you and yours..

Gold 5 Star Member
    Looks like BA are on a charm offensive now. I just had an e-mail from them awarding me 25,000 miles for my "continued support" during the "recent period of uncertainty". Strange thing is I didn't have any flights booked with BA during the strike period but I'll graciously accept their gift without a fight.[msnsmile2]

Me too I had 50000 but have not flown with them for years, how does that work!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    Looks like BA are on a charm offensive now. I just had an e-mail from them awarding me 25,000 miles for my "continued support" during the "recent period of uncertainty". Strange thing is I didn't have any flights booked with BA during the strike period but I'll graciously accept their gift without a fight.[msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
    Me too I had 50000 but have not flown with them for years, how does that work!
    [/quote]

Well I assume with me that it's down to good looks and charm but I've no idea how you go them Martin![msnwink][msnwink]

Seriously though, I have absolutely no idea.

Its a good Pr job they know how to charm people and try to keep customers .They must be worried that people have gone elsewere .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Expert
    Thats weird!

Me & the wife HAVE got flight booked on the 30th and we got 10,000 each for our continued support!

How's that work?
    Neil & Kay

Well we have flights booked for Christmas and haven't received ANYTHING ! [:O]
    Chris & Peter