Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Transfer Through Atlanta?

Florida Savvy

Transfer Through Atlanta?

Hi Folks

Leaving in three weeks time. Our flights are multi stop Glasgow - Amsterdam - Atlanta - Orlando.

Does anyone know what the process is when we arrive in Atlanta with regards to imigration and collecting luggage. Wil we have to collect our bags in Atlanta?

Many thanks

Mack

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've never flown into Atlanta from Amsterdam but I've no reason to think it's different from a direct flight into there from the UK. If I'm right, you'll clear immigration, collect your bags, go through customs and almost immediately hand your bags back for the flight to MCO.

Sounds more challenging than it is and you shouldn't have any problems.

Florida Expert
    We have flown via Atlanta a couple of times and it is very straight forward.

Both times we landed at terminal E and left from terminal A.

You clear immigration and collect your bags then clear customs. As soon as you have done that you will see where you deposit your luggage for the second leg, its very close. You just hand them over, thats it.

You then take the escalator down to the train to get to the next terinal. These come every few minutes.

All very straight forward and easy.

Have a great trip[msncool]

We

Florida Savvy
    Fantastic

thanks very much for the replies guys.

Mack

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Can I just ask how long does it take to get there with these stops, and is it the same for the return journey?
    Lyn

Florida Savvy
    Hi Lyn

Leave Glasgow at 06:00 on the 27th, 1 hour 50 minutes stop in Amsterdam then another 2 hours stop in Atlanta. Arrive Orlando at 18:30 so around 18 and a half hour journey [xx(]

Similer on way home.

Mack

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Big Mack
    Hi Lyn

Leave Glasgow at 06:00 on the 27th, 1 hour 50 minutes stop in Amsterdam then another 2 hours stop in Atlanta. Arrive Orlando at 18:30 so around 18 and a half hour journey [xx(]

Similer on way home.

Mack
    [/quote]

Have you joined Delta's Skymiles programme? A fair few miles on offer there!