Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Spare a thought.

Gold 5 Star Member

Spare a thought.

The economy has affected many people throughout America and as a result Kraft foods have a campaign to donate 1 million meals to Feeding America.

All you have to do to help is to send an ecard from this link and they will send the Christmas greeting with a bunch of seasonal recipes to the recipient and donate 10 meals to Feeding America,

http://www.americangreetings.com/channel/kraft/

Hopefully if everbody sends it to just a few people in their address book they will reach the target quickly and make somebody elses Christmas (or everyday life) just a bit better.

It doesnt cost anything so please try and help.
    Babblin Boo

All done - some of the recipes look good too!
    Caroline & Dave

all done xx [msnsmile2]
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sent a few off.
    Barbara

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thansk guys.
    I looked at the first recipe and my mouth was watering already. being on holiday I havent looked at them all yet. something to to when I'm back in sunny England methinks.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    Sent a few [msnsmile]

I wonder if there is anything supporting the poor here in the UK ?

Dave

I've just sent some too.
    Julie

Now, please don't think I'm being
    a)disrespectful
    b) political.

I am extremely respectful of the beliefs of all people, and I appreciate that the cause raised in this thread is important to many people. I am also completely non-political, I have no leanings in any direction, except when going quickly round a corner.

However, as this is a Forum, I'd like to explain how I reacted when I read this thread:

My first reaction was to Google the defence budget of the USA - The easiest hit to digest was Wickipedia, so it may be fiction, however it reckons the 2010 budget for defence is $680 Billion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar..._United_States)

My next reaction was to go to the Oxfam website, where I read this article: http://www.oxfam.org/en/campaigns/agriculture .

Please don't drum me off the Forum, I just felt compelled to express my feelings.

Best wishes

Dave.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Dave
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it doesnt matter to the individual who has lot their job, or home etc what the defence budget is they just need to know where the next meal is coming from. Whilst I have been fortunate enough not to be quite as badly off as some of the needy in my lifetime, as one of 5 brought up by a divorced Mum in the 60's who wouldnt accept benefits but worked 2 or 3 jobs to make sure we could eat and pay the mortgage etc., I hope I can appreciate that it is nice to be in a position to give back once in a while.
    We've also partcipated in Publix buy a bag of greceries scheme which only cost us $5 but hopefully will bring a smile to someone elses Choistmas.
    Babblin Boo