Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Christmas Fare Changes

Christmas Fare Changes

Hi there,

I was about to book flights for flying out on Christmas Day and had been watching the prices. I went to book today and the price has jumped up. When I phoned my banking travel service (who are meant to be able to get discounted fares) the advisor said that a new fare price was issued yesterday, but the load in economy still shows availability in the lowest fare bracket.

Does anyone know if the airlines hike their prices over Thanksgiving weekend? I am just not sure whither to book now or to hang fire until Monday/Tuesday.

Ta,

MTP
    Euan

Florida Expert
    I managed to get the virgin price at the lower rate last night but it has jumped up to 790 now. Within 1 month of going it ALWAYS goes up!!!!! If you are flexible christmas or boxing day then try virgin
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx

We are really wanting to fly on Christmas Day. Virgin's rate to Miami hasn't changed, but that then means getting to Heathrow and then driving up from Miami, on the plus side we would be getting the plusher PE cabin.
    Euan

Gold 5 Star Member
    Your banking service is correct - new discount economy fares have been loaded with an effective start date of 25 December 2009 (although they only look a few pounds more). On that basis, there doesn't seem to be anything to be gained by waiting a few days to book.

It looks like fares are loaded every 28 days so yesterday would be the day.

New fares are loaded every single day. Obviously not every day for every carrier, route, class combination, but they are always being tweaked. This is especially true in the run-up to holidays, major sporting/cultural events or if the airlines get into a fares war on a particular route (when updates can happen multiple times a day). ATPCO regularly issues well over half a million fares updates daily, and this can run into several millions if something big is happening.

Unless you have some insider knowledge on the yield management and fare revenue departments of the carriers you're interested in, tryingto guess whether a fare will go up or down is a lottery.
    Keith

I have booked.

I got some fantastic help from another forum member by pm (thankyou) and in the end I managed to get a deal I was happy with and kept peace at the homestead.

Now, where's my cocktail?
    Euan

Gold 5 Star Member
    Have a great time Euan and have a few Christmas cocktails for me [party1][party1][party1]
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]