Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Golf Course?

Quote Originally Posted by freddiehollie View Post
    I was at Windermere last week.......

They were under 4" of snow & the course was closed.........lol.........

Very pretty views though............................
    Very good... Magnolia Plantation is another good course, Sanctuary Ridge isn't the best looking course but its a proper test.

I haven't played a Disney course yet, any thoughts on which one? We fly out on the 26th so planning which courses is in full swing !!
    Regards, Mark

I'm not the biggest golfer anymore (used to golf a lot in my home UK) but I try and make it a must do to play a round of golf when I holiday in Florida

I've played at Southern Dunes twice and although it can be expensive because I have to hire clubs etc. I always love it and it's a wonderful course compared to our UK ones..

I've never went the full 18 holes though, hopefully do a full 18 this time around and probably practice my swing back in the UK before hand at the driving range!

Florida Chatterbox
    I would go for the Magnolia - they have the PGA Disney Classic there every year and have played a couple of times. Very quick greens but lovely course.
    Brian

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    Playing Southern Dunes on Sunday with a friend . I have heard Magnolia too Mark. Still hoping to get a day at World Woods too (I hope the villa doesn't need much work this time)

Florida Savvy
    I dont think you would be dissapointed with either palms or magnolia but we all thought Palms just had the edge.

Managed to get to World Woods early yesterday and played both courses. Well worth the 1hr 45min drive.

Joined up with two Americans in the morning and played Pine Barrens which was excellent. Reminded me of Southern Dunes but with no homes and in better condition. This is probably due to the fact hardly anyone ever plays there.

After a nice lunch in the modest clubhouse one of my playing partners stayed with me to play Rolling Oaks. Longer than Pine Barrens and a fantastic course in its own right. Shot a 74 off the black tees (6817 yds) so obviously I was going to enjoy it.

Still quite an expensive time of year but you play the first course for $69 and then get a replay to play the second course and costs $39. I believe in the summer months it is a fair bit cheaper but if this venue were in England you would be paying upward of $150 per round.

An early start (up at 5.30am) but all in all a great day. Fantastic weather, good company, and two of the best golf courses you are likely to play in your lifetime. Shame it isn't closer to Orlando but if it were it would be double the rates and packed.

It is well and truly added to our November list.

Mark and I aside, I bet not many Brits have been and played there. 36 strong holes with some of them leaving you breathless on the tee!
    Last edited by Anthony Brook; 17-04-2013 at 12:25.

Anthony - I did not realise you were in Florida! Put the golf clubs away and nip down to Hardings to get to the bottom of this BE-12 nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pleased you are enjoying your golf in what I assume is wonderful Florida weather. Enjoy the rest of your stay

Weather really nice just now, if not a little hot for working in. Only here until Friday and up to my neck in cleaning fluids!

I did put on the "other forum" I was out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Brook View Post
    Managed to get to World Woods early yesterday and played both courses. Well worth the 1hr 45min drive.

Joined up with two Americans in the morning and played Pine Barrens which was excellent. Reminded me of Southern Dunes but with no homes and in better condition. This is probably due to the fact hardly anyone ever plays there.

After a nice lunch in the modest clubhouse one of my playing partners stayed with me to play Rolling Oaks. Longer than Pine Barrens and a fantastic course in its own right. Shot a 74 off the black tees (6817 yds) so obviously I was going to enjoy it.

Still quite an expensive time of year but you play the first course for $69 and then get a replay to play the second course and costs $39. I believe in the summer months it is a fair bit cheaper but if this venue were in England you would be paying upward of $150 per round.

An early start (up at 5.30am) but all in all a great day. Fantastic weather, good company, and two of the best golf courses you are likely to play in your lifetime. Shame it isn't closer to Orlando but if it were it would be double the rates and packed.

It is well and truly added to our November list.

Mark and I aside, I bet not many Brits have been and played there. 36 strong holes with some of them leaving you breathless on the tee!
    Glad you enjoyed it Anthony. I payed $39 and $29 last May for World Woods. Unfortunately, I can't play there this trip as my itinerary reads..

26th Drive to World Golf Hall of Fame
    27th Play one of the courses
    28th Play the other
    29th Play Sherman Hills, Brooksville
    30th Play The Quarry, brooksville
    1st Play Brooksville Golf Club
    2nd Maybe rest day or Southern Dunes
    3rd Play Reunion
    4th Birthday and golf somewhere....you get the drift for the rest of the trip although I'm looking at Celebration, Championsgate and Diamondback for definate.

Forgot to say, at World Woods, the course with the elevated greens was one of the best I've played anywhere. I agree the cost would be $150 over here but without the weather !!!
    Last edited by MarkJan; 19-04-2013 at 12:06. Reason: error

Wow thats a full schedule Mark.

Is it an absolute must that you have to stay at Reunion when playing there? I ask because I think World Woods is off the list. I'm gutted but they Rolling Oaks course is closed for over seeding. I think it may be a bit too far away to play just 18 holes. Looking for another highly rated course and Reunion does look the part.