Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Golf Course?

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJan View Post
    After walking the course at The Players, I'd love to play there. The current offers will run out soon as the course will close for preparation for this years tournament. If you can get us on Augusta for $395 I'll fly over.
    If you can get us on Augusta I'll pay for the flights!!......and donate a kidney if required!!
    Garry Pullan

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    The lads are saying its a long way to go and not play Sawgrass but $395 is just too much for a game of golf. Bay Hill works out at $190 with the nights accomadation. I like my golf but it can get stupid and trying to work within a budget as it was either Florida or Majorca and I told them Florida would come out less. So far I am correct if I can keep the 5 rounds to £220.00

Mark I played Harmony a couple of years ago. I played very well but for some strange reason didn't have a lasting impression. May have been that the drive took a lot longer than we thought or that we were on the back end of a hurricane and it was quite cold with a fresh wind. Used to that here but we all turned up in shorts and polo shirts! We were finished in the dark as it has been very slow, although not that busy! Must have just had a group in front without a care in the world. Would go back but not sure it is worth the drive for our group as non of them have played a single course in Florida. There are closer courses of the same standard we can play, although probably not at the great rates HArmony come up with. Just had an e-mail from them saying $29 this weekend.

I think I am going to have a drive to World Woods next month (if I get a day away from the villa work). Looks like a 2hr drive so as you say maybe worth playing both courses once there. Think you can play both for about $90.

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Hi Anthony

As Christine says, specials are available, from time to time.

I agree though, that's a lot of money for a game of golf......It makes Royal Birkdale look like a bargain[][]

I would just keep checking, maybe your trip would coincide with one............ Good luck ;-);-)
    mike

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Why dont you sign up to The Orange County National Golf. it sends regular email shots with there specials on.Three Courses to choose from Panther ,Crooked Cat and a walking course. They do play some of the PGA qualifiers there so it must be of some quality.
    CERI

Florida Junior
    check out this new courses streamsong

Alex that looks spectacular!

If that was $100 per round in November I would be there like a shot.

Very different to anything else I have seen in Florida and have obviously invested heavily.

May request a price for 7 golfers.

Ceri I may register with them to see if it throws anything up.

The problem with doing this trip in November Anthony is that it is peak prices for Florida golf courses (if Southern Dunes is anything to go by!!). As they are all first time visitors to Florida golf I am sure they will be impressed with whichever courses you decide upon.

Peter played Providence a couple of years ago on the advice of the Pro in the Edwin Watts golf shop but he was not really impressed. The most memorable thing that happened to him that day was when he encountered a large alligator at the back on the second hole. He abandoned his ball!!!!

As long as the 'apres golf' is good I am sure a good time will be had by all!

This trip was either Florida or Majorca (Palma Nova) and we have gone with the former as we knew we would be in no state to play golf getting in at daft o'clock each morning.

Wouldn't mind taking the lads to somewhere for a good night out but don't really know of anywhere. Probably sit around the bar in All Star Grill a few nights.

I went with my Dad and 6 others two years ago in November and played Southern Dunes for $40, Harmony for $39 and Legends for $32. You can still get a few deals. I am a memeber of The Dunes Club and can book tee times well in advance at reduced rates. They have my cc details on file and just charge to that. More than makes up for the difference in flight prices. The cheapest i could find in Sept/Oct was about £500 indirect but got Virgin flights for £437 7th November. When you consider Virgin offer free golf clubs and drinks this makes a big difference. I dare say each member of our party will drink £30 worth of beer/wine and clubs are £40 with Delta. Thats a round of golf at a very good course.

We have played some of the better courses in UK so will not be travelling 4000 miles to play poor courses in Florida. Diamondback will be the cheapest but I think is well worth a visit.

Had another good look at Streamsong and looks like you can get on for $114 so may add this. Just been voted the best new course of 2012 anywhere in America!

Florida Savvy
    If you fancy playing where Tiger spent a lot of his younger years as a member try Windermere, we played it a couple of years ago, although its a private course I sent a flowery email and managed to get our group of 8 lads on there. Wasnt that dear either, if you want a night out theres a certain club (ive been told lol) on the 27 by the 192 junction, has the words ranch & chicken in it !!!!, although you might be safer going to city walk, we ended up in the Bob Marley bar but there are plenty of others.

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    I was at Windermere last week.......

They were under 4" of snow & the course was closed.........lol.........

Very pretty views though............................
    mike