Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Golf Course?

Quote Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
    Crikey Mark, you planning on taking early retirement or something similar?
    30 day trip from the 27th due to redundancy. Have booked onto the Latino Open at Reunion on my birthday, I love competitive golf and I get to play at Reunion again! Also going to watch the Players at Sawgrass!
    Regards, Mark

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJan View Post
    30 day trip from the 27th due to redundancy. Have booked onto the Latino Open at Reunion on my birthday, I love competitive golf and I get to play at Reunion again! Also going to watch the Players at Sawgrass!
    I know someone who has booked to play Sawgrass this trip! Shame you missed it by a few days.
    Christine

I know, I'm gutted. Have to make do with going to Sawgrass to watch the Players Championship. If they have someone drop out I might get a few holes in
    Regards, Mark

I have a new favourite course: World Woods Pine Barrens, http://www.worldwoods.com/golf/pine-barrens

Jan came round on the buggy and asked why all courses didn't look this good? Awesome course.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    Well flights are booked for November to embark on our lads golfing trip.

They want to play somewhere well known and have mentioned either sawgrass or Bay Hill. I think both work out at £100 each, give or take.

Definates are Southern Dunes, Diamondback and Celebration. Maybes are a Disney course (probably Magnolia) and also World Woods if it isn't too much of a drive. I am over there in two weeks on my own and may have a drive out to see if it warrants it No. 2 position in Golfweek.

Ifs the national course much better than the international? Played the latter but not bothered for playing it again. Legends has too many standard holes, although there is a stretch of 3-4 holes which are great. Harmony was good but a treck and will not bother. Is Providence worth playing?

Hopefully Mark has now played every course in Florida so can give me some pointers

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    TPC Sawgrass.... $196

Bay Hill..............$225

Current (I think) weekday rates....... Not sure if they are if you stay on site......

Don't forget the drive up to Sawgrass is about 2.5 hours, depending on traffic........

I would do TPC Sawgrass all day long, over Bay Hill.......
    mike

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    Mike I have had a look at Sawgrass and to play the Stadium course is coming out at $395 each. Where have you seen it at $196? I think we would pay that for a one off experience but the only course I would pay $395 to play is Augusta. Not sure what the rates would be in November as I can only get them for the next few weeks.

Gold 5 Star Member
    My husband and SIL played Sawgrass at the beginning of June last year, just after The Player's Championship. It was a special deal through Golfnow and they paid about £120 each.
    Both agreed that it was a wonderful experience! They were given a couple of mementos of their day!
    Christine

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Brook View Post
    Well flights are booked for November to embark on our lads golfing trip.

They want to play somewhere well known and have mentioned either sawgrass or Bay Hill. I think both work out at £100 each, give or take.

Definates are Southern Dunes, Diamondback and Celebration. Maybes are a Disney course (probably Magnolia) and also World Woods if it isn't too much of a drive. I am over there in two weeks on my own and may have a drive out to see if it warrants it No. 2 position in Golfweek.

Ifs the national course much better than the international? Played the latter but not bothered for playing it again. Legends has too many standard holes, although there is a stretch of 3-4 holes which are great. Harmony was good but a treck and will not bother. Is Providence worth playing?

Hopefully Mark has now played every course in Florida so can give me some pointers
    Anthony, I've still got a few courses to play including the Disney Courses despite my best efforts !!! Definitely make the trip to World Woods and if you go, play both courses. If you don't head west, head a little east to Harmony. 7420 yards from the back, I was happy to break a 100 on that round !!!

At Championsgate, I like both courses and having played them both on the same day last year, I'd prefer the National. I'm looking at Bay Hill for our trip in four weeks but you have to stay there. I can't bring myself to pay that much for one round of golf.

Have a good trip.
    Regards, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Brook View Post
    Mike I have had a look at Sawgrass and to play the Stadium course is coming out at $395 each. Where have you seen it at $196? I think we would pay that for a one off experience but the only course I would pay $395 to play is Augusta. Not sure what the rates would be in November as I can only get them for the next few weeks.
    After walking the course at The Players, I'd love to play there. The current offers will run out soon as the course will close for preparation for this years tournament. If you can get us on Augusta for $395 I'll fly over.
    Regards, Mark