Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Golf Course?

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    Mark, never played Mottram Hall so that would be good.

A few e-mails received today, World Woods $44 with free hat! and also Metrowest re-opens November 14th having just had $1.5m spent on it including brand new greens

Well we are back from our week golfing and all the lads had a great time and were blown away with the standard of golf course Florida has to offer.

They thought it would be good but were surprised at the standard of layout and condition.

Some ranked World Woods as the best inland course they have ever played whilst others said Southern Dunes would have been even better had it been set in woodland. I have to say Southern Dunes has never looked better and even I was impressed by the condition. Grand Cypress was also brilliant with one of the best holes you could ever play on any golf course. Panther Lake gets better and better as you go round (much like the wind on the day we played) and Harmony is a strong course if not a little too far.

We were down to play Diamondback on the last day but all the lads wanted to play Southern Dunes again as they absolutely loved it. These are guys who have played every course on The Open rota so their opinions are not to be taken lightly. Southern Dunes has slipped down the rankings a little in recent years but I believe if they keep the course like this it will be back near the top in the next few years.

I playedf Orange County National a gfew years ago, they have a few courses, I think 3? It was the best course I've played (I'm a poor player). I had to join a 3 ball of americans, their standarad of golf was awesome, and proved to be probably the most embarrassing round I've ever played. The course was fantastic.

Unlike my Typing.....

I think what is so good about Florida is we could go again next year and play another 5/6 courses all of equal quality. There is the New Course at Grand Cypress which looks wonderful, Celebration which is great and Disney courses to name a few.

All in our trip was £771 and for the same trip to Majorca well in excess of £1000 for lesser courses, no frills flights and rubbish accommodation

Florida Savvy
    Hi Anthony,

im looking to sort something out for next May for 6 of us but at the moment flights are coming up at over £650 so was wondering how you managed to get to £771 which I assume included flights, accomodation, golf , spending money and car hire.

Sounds great Anthony, can't fault World Woods. I think the comment about Southern Dunes in woodland is a valid one.

I also use Groupgolfer.com to book my tee times and have booked unlimited golf at Bella Collina for $49 plus tax. As there's a spa there, sounds like Jan's sorted and I can play 36 there.
    I played the first 9 holes on the Grand Cypress New Course and apart from taking 3 hours, it wasn't as good as the rest of the facility.

4 weeks today and we're off, can't wait.
    Regards, Mark

The break down was Virgin Flights £437.50, 7 bed villa on Southern Dunes £91.43 inc. pool heat for 8 nights (I know, crazy), 15 seater minibus £45.86 and golf was £196.80 for 6 rounds as mentioned. I just waited and waited checking daily for flights until I got a good rate. Didn't include spending money as I would have thought we all spent different amounts but to be honest £25 a day for food and your covered unless a visit to the Outlets tickles your fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Hi Anthony,

im looking to sort something out for next May for 6 of us but at the moment flights are coming up at over £650 so was wondering how you managed to get to £771 which I assume included flights, accomodation, golf , spending money and car hire.

Anthony & Gary, DM me if you want a game on the 21st Dec at Mottram Hall.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Newbie
    Looking to play golf on our next trip this September, we are staying at Lake Davenport, any recommendations for a good golf course in that area?
    Last edited by Soulgolf; 29-06-2017 at 20:43.