Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Golf Course?

Florida Savvy

Favourite Golf Course?

What about Eagle Creek out near Orlando airport. I played that a few years ago and thought it was a good course?

Bit of Wind to contend with and some of the holes are beautiful. 18th par 5 with the second shot being a full carry over a pond to the green is a great hole.

Register with Golfnow.com with a US zip,if possible and that way, you can get the Florida resident rates too.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    Settled on the following

Harmony $31 + tax
    Southern Dunes $49 + tax
    World Woods $64 +tax with free afternoon replay
    Grand Cypress ??
    Panther Lake $65 + tax but can cancel if I find it cheaper.

Only one left to book is Grand Cypress as proving difficult 8 weeks out. can get it via Tee Times USA at $78 but hoping to get cheaper as the afternoons are $50 at the moment. Saved nearly $100 each by e-mailing clubs direct rather than going onto the booking tee times pages.

Very happy with my choices just hope the weather is nice and the courses are in good shape.

Anthony, wait until you arrive before booking Grand Cypress. I paid $49 including lunch and replay. We'll have to have a game when you're back. Oulton Hall? Gary Pullen too?
    Regards, Mark

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJan View Post
    Anthony, wait until you arrive before booking Grand Cypress. I paid $49 including lunch and replay. We'll have to have a game when you're back. Oulton Hall? Gary Pullen too?
    Oulton Hall sounds good to me! My father in law is a member there so may well get some good rates!

Now you've mentioned Grand Cypress, which would you choose to take a first timer to? Celebration or Grand Cypress?? Not necessarily for the course but for the whole 'american' style and theme. I've played Celebration a few times and loved the winding through the houses and playing in their back yards.
    Garry Pullan

Celebration isn't as packed in my experience.
    Regards, Mark

I thought Celebration was great and a real shame we can't play on this trip. Hopefully Grand Cypress will match up. Mark with it being a one off golf trip and couldn't leave anything to chance so booked all the golf in advance. I tried Streamsong but they wanted $150 per round and that was the walking rate. Think we are playing Diamondback on our last day to make it 7 rounds.

Not bad though- Virgin Atlantic flights, 15 seater minibus, 7 bed villa (booked for 8 nights) and 7 rounds of golf for £791 each. Majorca was over £1000 for 6 nights and five rounds.

Oulton is not my favourite course but only 5 minutes from home so would be fine. I played there this summer in the Audi Golf Day and the weather was horrible.

Anthony, I've just booked for 28th Dec of 15 nights. At the moment I have arranged or planning games at:
    Orange County National, 2 rounds for $69
    Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes
    Grande Cypress
    North Shore
    Bella Colina
    Remington
    Kissimmee Bay
    World Woods, will book for $69 plus replay before 1/1/14
    Harmony is down the road from where we're staying, rude not to play there!

If you're not a fan of Oulton, we can use my De Vere points at Mottram Hall.
    Regards, Mark

Do you bring your own clubs over? Wondering how expensive it is, surely depending on how much you play while in Florida it could be the cheaper option

I have an identical set over there to the ones I use here. Flying Virgin on Thursday so free to take so I might just take a spare bag with my old driver, 3 wood. rescue and lob wedge. I think clubs are about $30 to rent so I would say if you were paying for clubs on the plane you would want to be playing at least 3 times to carry them over there.