Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Golf Course?

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    Oh yes, having read through the thread again we are heading back to Scotland in September and playing in the Newport Stewart Open beofre heading to Portpatrick and then the Ailsa Course at Turnberry which should be a treat.
    If you play in the opens up there you tend to pay about £7 for the round so the £95 to play Turnberry doesn't seem so bad with an average of £51 per round.
    Played for our annual Claret Jug at Forest of Arden last week and it really is an under rated course. Every hole is strong. Belfry next year and then the trip to either Majorca or Florida after that.

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Brook View Post
    Well to carry this on I am trying to organise a golfing trip with "the boys" and have narrowed it down to either Majorca or Florida. Both have their ups and downs.
    Looking at playing 5 times and already have Southern Dunes and Diamondback down but was looking for 3 more. Looking more top end and not just cheap as Diamondback is about as cheap as it comes and have a budget of around $250 for the golf which in September goes a fair way.
    Was thinking of playing Championsgate but I played the International in June and wasn't overly impressed. Supposed to be a "links" style course but apart from the fact there are no trees it is nothing like. Was thinking of Falcons Fire and maybe Crooked Cat or Panther Lakes. Anybody played any of these?
    Hi Anthony,

Have played falcons Fire a few times and found it to be one of the best in the Kissimmee area but a bit pricey, we are nest door to Mystic Dunes so always play that when we are over, in fact a few years ago I joined it as they were offering a fantastic deal, again an excellent course. Was over In April and played Metro West up past Universal and again found it to be very good.

Other course we have played a few times as we think they are good, Legends/Royal St Cloud/Remmington ( for their all day experince) The Disney courses (Palm & Magnolia) & Stoneybrook West.

If you need any other information let me know.

Florida Chatterbox
    We played Grand Cypress last March and were very impressed. Its a Jack Nicklaus designed course and is normally about $150 a round in the same mould as Falcons Fire, it has actually three 9 hole courses and we played North and South. We got a deal through Golf Now and paid I think about $70 each for a two ball which was great value. We played 5 times that trip and both agreed it was our favourite.
    Andy

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    I will have a look at those, thanks. I did have Mystic Dunes and Metrowest on a shortlist so will give them more attention. I hadn't realised the Grand Cypress was so well regarded so will have a good look through their website.

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Brook View Post
    I will have a look at those, thanks. I did have Mystic Dunes and Metrowest on a shortlist so will give them more attention. I hadn't realised the Grand Cypress was so well regarded so will have a good look through their website.
    Talking of Grand Cypress I received an email from them today offering a 4 ball for $150 including carts/range balls etc but only for a brief period in August but might be worth while calling them before you leave and see if they will offer you any good deals.

wrpac00
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
    We played Grand Cypress last March and were very impressed. Its a Jack Nicklaus designed course and is normally about $150 a round in the same mould as Falcons Fire, it has actually three 9 hole courses and we played North and South. We got a deal through Golf Now and paid I think about $70 each for a two ball which was great value. We played 5 times that trip and both agreed it was our favourite.
    Played Grand Cypress for the first a few weeks back for $32. Have to say I wasn't too impressed, greens were very poor.

Florida Newbie
    Maybe it is not the best course in Florida but the best value is Fox Hollow in Norther Tampa. It always has lush greens because they can use salt water on them and, of course, have an endless supply

Florida Junior
    Some of my favorites are; Highlands Reserve, Celebration, The Legends at Clermont, Mystic Dunes, Hunter's something

The list of courses I'm hoping to play this trip is below, Celebration and Reunion are my favourites followed by Harmony, Southern Dunes and Legends. A nice long trip this time.

Celebration, Championsgate International & National, Diamondback, Disney's Magnolia, Falcon's Fire, Grande Pines, Harmony, Innisbrook - Copperhead, Kissimmee Bay, Legends at Clermont, Orange County Crooked Cat & Panther Lake, Orange Lake Legends, Providence, Remington, Reunion, Ridgewood Lakes, Royal St Cloud, Southern Dunes, Timacuan, Tuscawilla, Willow Brook & World Woods
    Regards, Mark

Florida Chatterbox
    Crikey Mark, you planning on taking early retirement or something similar?
    Andy